How to document meetings that discuss multiple projects

I am working with various customers on one project each for a total of three projects in all. All projects are being tracked in Agenda as separate “Projects” (each falls under its own Category = Name of the Customer).

When I have a meeting with our engineering team, we discuss all three projects and the progress we’ve made on them. I keep the notes from these meetings in a single note.

Here’s where my workflow has caught a snag. The note is complete in and of itself, however, all the projects are now “incomplete” because they have not been updated with the meeting minutes.

Do you guys copy-paste meeting minutes into their respective projects or is there a better way. There has to be a better way, right?

Oh, and by the way, discovered Agenda barely 3 days back. I love this app so far, and love the “cash cow” pricing model too!

2 Likes

You can create a new project or category for meetings and include a link to each note of the projects you discuss

You know, that’s how I was thinking about it too. But what it really ends up doing is create a bunch of hyperlinks inside the main project and thus, it’s impossible to scroll through the project knowing what’s going on. You’ll essentially end up having to click on each and every link.

This would be solved by a feature request - essentially, when inserting a linked note, Agenda could provide an option for the linked note to be previewed inline (expanded mode if you will.) This way, even though the actual note lies in a “Meetings” project, other projects can also have inline views of the notes from this meeting by linking to it.

Another way to think of it is how attachments get added to a note. It could be a thumbnail (link), or it could be inserted inline (full-width).

1 Like

To reduce redundancy, this request is already being discussed here.

I think instead of linking from the meeting to a note in each project, how about having a “Meetings” note in your project that contains links to the every meeting where the project was discussed. After you have a meeting (as a note in a separate Meetings project) copy the note as an Agenda Link, then paste it into the Meetings note in each project that was discussed.

That way when you’re reviewing the project and want to know what was discussed, you click the link to be taken to that meeting. Unfortunately you don’t seem to be able to link to a specific location within a note though.

Another option is to use the “Copy selection to new note” function and just copy the relevant part of the meeting to a new note in the project it relates to.

I like this technique too. I find splitting meeting notes into various projects rather cumbersome. But thinking about it further, I also feel that reviewing a project’s notes would become somewhat cumbersome by clicking into links and going back over and over, instead of scrolling through them.

1 Like

I had the same issue and I landed on splitting the meeting note (new feature in Agenda 13 I believe) and dragging these partial notes to the relevant projects. The downside is that you can’t currently ask agenda to “open all notes linked to this event”, only cycle through them.

You could make better use of tags inside the meeting notes as well. For example having a tag for each project and using that particular tag whenever the project is mentioned in the meetings. Then you can search for the tag in your meetings project to show only related notes.

Ideally a split screen option would be nice, so you can have your meetings open in one pane and your project open in the other, then right-clicking an Agenda Link would give you the option to open in the other pane.

1 Like

I’ll consider that when they add autocomplete. As a manager, I participate in dozens of projects at any given time. I’d mess up the tagging all the time without autocomplete.

1 Like