How do I make the Note editor full screen

Yes please add me to the long list of users SUPER KEEN to see full screen/distraction free view of a single note

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

4 Likes

+1 :raised_hand:

And please without the yellow looking background in fullscreen mode. Just white or dark :wink:

1 Like

I would love a full screen - distraction free - mode as well. Especially for journaling. Thank you.

I know I’m just repeating things here, but a single note full-screen would be very welcome.

To add one more reason I haven’t seen here:

I use Agenda during meetings a lot. I would very much like to use it in remote meetings when my screen is shared - but thats not possible, because unrelated notes will be visible to everyone unless we have a full-screen single note view.

Thanks!

4 Likes

We certainly plan to have such a mode. For now, a solution may be to simply hide the sidebars. That may give you a kind-of focus mode.

Please add full screen capability ASAP.

A focus type of mode is on the roadmap. One way to do it now is to add a tag like “#focus” to a note, and make a saved search for #focus. If you select that, it will just have the one note, and you can close the two sidebars and be quite focussed.

Of course, this is just a workaround. A real mode is in the planning.

Kind regards,
Drew

1 Like

Yes please neen waiting for a VERY long time for this feature! Pls see Scrivener’s implementation as a good exmple of focus mode (they call it Composition Mode)

We hear you!

1 Like

Any ETA ? It’s 2022 and still the editor doesn’t have this feature. Please make it happen soon.

It’s a high priority. Unfortunately, we have quite a few of those. We can’t do them all at once, but this one is now high on our list.

which one is at the top of the list currently? i dont see a roadmap anywhere

Thank you !

There’s not a single top entry but you can find the list of things that are among the top items here: The features we are working on right now…

1 Like

from reading the “updates” it looks like this feature is coming to agenda 17 or 18 from what im understanding. most likely 2023 or 2024 release year. ill need to come back to agenda until then. focus mode is just too important for me

Thank you for the link and updates!

It is worth pointing out it is not that difficult to make your own focus mode. You setup a saved search for the tag #focus. Then you put the tag in any note you want to focus on, and select the saved search. Hide the two sidebars, and you are in a pretty nice focus mode.

Of course, it isn’t as nice as a single click, but it is still pretty easy, especially if you tend to focus for hours at a time.

Or close the sidebars and collapse all visible notes except the one you are working on. That’s what I do, though looking forward to proper focus mode when it comes!

yes i saw that in another post that was made. however from what i understand, focus mode is coming with the ability to pop out windows right? thats mostly what i mean by focus mode coming in 2023-2024

also would be great for focus mode to not have background colors or borders for the note being focused on, the search bar and other elements are not focus friendly

With respect, that’s a “developer” answer :slight_smile: Right now, lack of focus mode is making me reconsider use of Agenda and go all-in on Apple Notes. My current “scribble” tool is Notability. Getting frustrated with having two different applications for notes.

Could you make a promise to this community to deliver the focus mode within 3 months?

No, we can’t make promises like that. There are too many uncertainties, and if we don’t hit the deadline, people get angry.

All I can say is that focus mode is in the top few features on our list, which means we will be moving to it in the not too distant future. We need to look at the few top feature requests we have and decide the best way to tackle them.

2 Likes