Highlighting text

I don’t believe that’s what we’re talking about here — this is a request for a text style wherein non-code text is highlighted.

@vivacious.jp mentioned syntax highlighting, I’m supporting that. But, you’re totally right that that’s not the main issue of this thread.

+1 for ::highlighting:: which I use a lot in Bear

2 Likes

I’m very interested in syntax highlighting as well… Quiver is very well designed, but doesn’t seem to be developing at the pace of Agenda…

+1 for highlighting

Hello there, just want to attach some images I’ve created a long time ago about text highlighting and accent color in notes. I sаw Agenda team working on this, but will share my thoughts anyway.

My issue without highlighting text is when I’m scanning through my notes I cannot see the “Star” icon easily. And that prolong my time for searching what I’m looking for.

Here are the 2 random examples with changed color of texts, and “highlight” on one paragraph or sentence:

2 Likes

What is the priority for implementing a highlight feature/text color (ie. text color red/green/other standard colors)?

I really like this app and would love to purchase it but I can’t without these features

3 Likes

We don’t have an ETA yet I’m afraid, it’s among the many things we’d like to add. See also The features we are working on right now…

Text colouration and/or highlighting would be an invaluable asset. I produce a monthly newsletter which requires queries to be sent out to each member each month. Recording the status of these - sent, responded, response acknowledged, needing chasing, incorporated, etc - would be made much easier by some form of colour coding available on the member’s name, otherwise I would have to put a check list under each to check progress. Currently I am using a separate Excel spreadsheet for this; I would prefer an integrated solution.

2 Likes

Plus 1 for text colors and highlighting. Also fixing format issues when copy pasting from Outlook email into Agenda…bulleted lists do noy maintain proper indention

how is highlighting not a standard function for a note app? when will this be implemented?

Last time I checked Apple’s Notes app doesn’t support highlighting either, which I’d consider the standard in this respect. It’s high on our list though.

well your attitude answers my question. apple notes is a scratch pad, not a professional notes app. very much been enjoying Agenda - the aesthetic is top notch. apologize for the misunderstanding. highlighting is a key component of all pro/grad/exec research projects. Agenda’s my favorite pro notes app so far & look fwd to future updates. :pray:

1 Like

I still disagree with the generalisation you make, the majority of our users use Agenda in such setting and while I totally agree that a lot of users would welcome a highlighting feature (certainly in the top popular requests), for most it’s a nice to have, not a must have. All depends on your workflow in the end :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

fair enough but any professional research highlights key findings…from NASA to marketing. call it what you will.

True, but there are multiple ways to “highlight” things, for example by simply using bold, using tags like #important, #priority(high) etc, structuring your notes in certain ways with headings and/or lists, and even using pinned notes.

While that is true, highlighting as with a marker gives text a clearer distinction and it’s better to read.

1 Like

Without going through all the posts - is highlighting in Agenda available yet? And is there a way to change the default color for my different searches using the # sign?

Highlighting will become possible in the upcoming Agenda 15 update. With regards to “a way to change the default color for my different searches using the # sign” can you explain in a bit more detail what you’d like to see exactly?

I would like to see if I change #todo from orange to blue - I would like for it to hold that color. Right now, I have to change it everytime. I use these tags a lot and it is easier to find with different color.