Has replaced yoink and trello for me

I’m using Agenda in 4 key ways now:

1. A Trello replacement
  • I’ve created a system of categories that mimic Trello. That tied to the use of tags and saved searches works perfectly for me
  1. To take notes against items in my calendar
  • Really self explanatory
  1. General note taking for various things
  • I have a system of a few categories and projects that closely matches what I have in Evernote
  1. A way to quickly save important docs that need reviewing or longer term storage for quick retrieval. This could be linked to items in my:
  • “Trello boards”
  • Diary notes
  • General notes

When items age, and are complete, and don’t need quick retrieval they are moved to Evernote

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Interesting approach!

1 Like

Thanks Greg-pentz, I couldn’t have put it better myself. I used to kind of like Trello, I even went back to Trello after using Agenda for a while but only stayed a couple of days before realising it was too cumbersome for what I wanted. That was the point when I bought in fully and keep doing so.

One thing I have done is set up my own Archive folder within Agenda, I’m wondering if this should become a more upfront feature so we don’t have do this specifically or archive in other places. I have to keep my stuff for at least 2 years so I need to know it is secure.

Otherwise = couldn’t live without it, thanks.

6 Likes

I’ve also setup an archive folder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Curious to learn how you created a trello like board Greg, thx

1 Like

I’m interested too!

I’m also very curious about the details of your Trello-like board!

I haven’t used it as a trello board myself, but I guess what you could do is make projects corresponding to the columns in trello. You would then make notes in one of the projects (eg Preparation), and move the notes to other projects (stages) as things progressed. Eg. Move a note to “Active” or whatever.

You also have tags, which you can make Overviews for, using the search. So another option would be to just have your notes organized into projects, and attach tags to them as they proceed. Eg. attach a “#preparation” tag, and then you can see the note in the Preparation overview. When you move it to active, you remove the “#preparation” tag and add “#active”, and it then automatically appears in the “Active” overview.

These are some ideas. I haven’t used it like this myself. Maybe others can chip in how they use it.

Would be cool in the next update to tagging to allow something like:

#status(preparation)
#status(active)

All user defined. Then when one clicks on the tag a pop up allows you to select another sub-tag - ie to change from prep to active without re-typing the tag.

2 Likes

Interesting idea. We certainly have many tag improvements in the works. Will keep it in mind. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes I’d really like it if the tag browser showed the values used by tags, and if auto-complete also considered previously-used values.

1 Like