Get All Features

We don’t believe it would be fair if users would pay once a fee and then would get every feature we’d ever release after that point. You wouldn’t expect to buy Microsoft Word once and get every future version of Word without any additional payment either would you?

We believe our model is very generous in that you not only get (and keep!) every feature available at the time of purchase, but even any feature we release in the year following your purchase. But there’s a point in time where we believe it’s fair you’d have to pay us for the time, effort and resources we continue to invest in improving and maintaining the product you use for your note taking and rely on every day.

4 Likes

Yes, I totally agree!!

Agenda has the best model of purchase!

2 Likes

I get your point, but there are app providers who have a “pay once own forever” model and work well. Things 3 work that way for over 11 years. iA Writer is another example.

Of course, it’s your choice. It is reasonable and a way to sustain development, so I believe people who like the app will support it.

The user base will continue to grow if UX will be top priority, and thus funding will be ensured.

Not really “pay once and own forever” in most cases. Paying for Things gives you all versions of Things 3. You will likely have to pay again for Things 4 when that comes out.

We are considering other options. A “lifetime” license would likely cost quite a bit more than a yearly subscription though.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I agree. With major versions some developers choose to charge again, and I have nothing against that :slight_smile: I like your business model too! In fact, I recommend it to others who are considering a subscription model that is not something many enjoy.

Personally, I have no issues paying a reasonable price for quality software so long as I need it.

If I may, I think a lifetime license with your business model really isn’t needed. The price of Agenda feels reasonable, and you already have a discounted subscription. From my end that’s all good :slight_smile:

1 Like