French - Français

Le problème à utiliser Aperçu c’est que c’est aussi la traduction de Preview…
Pour Collapse, il y a déjà une traduction officielle (condenser) dans les glossaires Apple, donc ça n’est pas un souci.

Une autre question de traduction : « Assign »
Selon le contexte, le terme est un peu différent. Pour moi, selon le contexte, on devrait utiliser Affecter (surtout pour une personne), Attribuer, Déterminer (surtout pour quelque chose), mais rarement Assigner (sauf peut-être « Assigné à résidence » :wink: ).

Quelqu’un a-t-il une suggestion d’un terme qui permettrait d’être utilisé de façon homogène dans tous les cas ?

Corentin

Overview - Vue de l’ensemble?

Je me souviens d’utiliser ce mot pour d’un calendrier. Mais c’est un peu long.

1 Like

Je ne peux pas me connecter avec le nouveaux application pour les traducteur. Je ne sais pas pourquoi.

Ça fonctionne pour moi sur Mac (mais ça a pris du temps à charger les données), sous iOS/iPadOS, rien ne se passe après avoir entré le code.

Corentin

1 Like

Pour info, il y a un fil de discussion sur l’app ici.

Corentin

1 Like

Notes about French grammar/capitalisation (native speakers, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong; I’m a competent second-language speaker who used to use MacOS in French full-time!)

• For ‘premium’, maybe utilisateur abonné/subscribed user? Or compte payant/paid account?
  • Like English, French uses spaces between words instead of fusing them together like Dutch or German.
  • English and German are, as far as I know, the only European languages that capitalise months and weekdays (but then again, German capitalises all nouns). French doesn’t.
  • Language names are lowercase in French, unlike Dutch, English and German.
  • Tag should remain ‘tag’, rather than ‘balise’. The French Finder says ‘tags’.
1 Like

Regarding premium features, we prefer to have the focus on the functions giving you more advanced/pro capabilities rather than focusing on the fact you have to pay for them.

1 Like

Bonjour,

Quelques remarques :

• En effet, tag est un anglicisme accepté en France plutôt que marqueur ou balise (exemple : marqueur HTML ou balise HTML). Je ne sais pas s’il en est de même dans les autres pays où le français est parlé.
  • overview = vue d’ensemble
  • une offre payante nest pas forcément une offre premium
  • assign date = assigner une date/un créneau horaire…
  • collapse/expand notes = réduire/agrandir, rapetisser/agrandir (moins courant), condenser/développer

Je ne peux faire tourner l’application sous Mac étant sous Mojave. L’application plante sous iPhone et iPad. Donc je suis au point mort.

Florian

1 Like

C’est le terme utilisé par Apple dans son interface utilisateur pour les fonctions similaires (bien sûr, pour du code on utiliserait le terme de balise). Je ne l’aime pas tellement, mais je soupçonne que l’on n’ai pas le choix.

Pareil ici. Les glossaires Apple nous envoient systématiquement vers condenser/développer. On peut bien évidemment choisir d’utiliser d’autres termes, mais j’ai tendance à penser qu’il est judicieux d’utiliser les mêmes termes que les autres app et en particulier d’Apple.

(pour ce qu’il est de l’app de localisation, une nouvelle version vient de sortir. Ça plante toujours ?)

Corentin

1 Like

In that context, I fear we might have to keep the term premium as is. I looked around as much as I could and couldn’t find any suggestion that stuck better to the original terms than “options/fonctions Premium”. Not a big fan at all of the use of “Premium” though, but unless anyone has a better suggestion… At this point, I carefully avoided all strings that were using the term in the Local Agenda app :->

Corentin

Options clearly means there is a trade off to get them (money, reward…) plus the software works without the premium features. No capital P.

So I would suggest: options premium

Florian

1 Like
  • Would ‘avancé’ work for ‘premium’? So ‘options avancées’?
  • Re: collapse/expand, I’ve only seen réduire and agrandir in UIs, not rapetisser and agrandir, though I’m not sure whether you want to disambiguate minimising windows and collapsing notes, which may very well use condenser/développer.

That’s usually used for Advanced Options/Preferences, which is a very different thing.

Corentin

1 Like

You an stand by me

Steph

You CAN stand by me :hugs:

1 Like

Today, the app is beach balling on me all the time, so it’s hard to make much progress.
Not being able to filter out strings that are localized from the work that still needs to be done makes it a bit tedious too…

I’ve localized a number of strings now, but here’s what’s left:
• Some strings with terms I’m not sure how to best localize (pin, pinch……)
• Some fairly long strings/paragraphs from the sample projects (yeah I delayed those because… well… because it was a bit tedious and I wanted to first weed out the shorter UI strings).
• Some strings where the context is lacking and I can’t tell how I should localize.

If anybody has any advice, or wants to localize directly in Local Agenda… I’ll take it. Others can also mark present localizations as Verified. At this point, I’ve only seen strings localized by @cparnot or automatically by the system and I tried to approve them all.

Corentin

Quick poll. Any suggestion/preferences for:

• Pin/unpin
  • Due/due date
  • Assigned date/Assigned to someone (Assigné still sounds to me like Assigné à résidence, Affecté and Attribué don’t seem to work in all cases)
  • Pinched

I’m getting ready to tackle some of the more problematic strings and I’d love to have some sort of consensus on what term to (homogeneously) use.

To give a perspective how I translated those to Dutch (if I literally translate it to English):

• Pin/unpin

“Fix to top” or “Make stuck to top”

• Due/due date

In Dutch there’s not really an easy translation of Due date, the closest is “Expiry Date”, but the reminders app in Dutch just refers to “Date”, which we use in places as well where it’s clear we refer to the date for a reminder from the context.

• Assigned date/Assigned to someone (Assigné still sounds to me like Assigné à résidence, Affecté and Attribué don’t seem to work in all cases)

In Dutch I stayed close to “to assign”, i.e. similar as when you assign a task or a role to someone.

• Pinched

That one is indeed nasty, in fact there’s no real translation, the closest would be “to squeeze” but at least for the Dutch translation I kept it with just the “gesture” part and not really attempt to translate it as it’s kind of clear from the context in which the popover hint pops up.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. It’s really helpful!
For some of them, I have options, but I’m not super happy with them (eg: pinch” pincer), and for others, I have far too many and it’s mostly a matter of finding a consensus (assign).

I wanted to know what others had to say, but I’ll eventually made a decision and start addressing the corresponding strings. the worst that could happen is that we’ll have to batch-change them :slight_smile:

Due date is a bit tricky. I like “due date”=“échéance”, but it makes it tricky for “due”, where you end up with a long string “arrivé à échéance”.

Corentin