Formatting palette can't be closed on Agenda 17

I’m often finding the format palette floating behind a window and it won’t close (I dont recall opening it, I use the menus or keyboard shortcuts).

• The View menu says “show format palette”, pressing this launches a second format palette.
  • Then going to View menu and choosing “hide format palette” closes both of them.

Unfortunately it’s still not clear why this happens, for some users it only happens on one of their machines and sometimes it resolves itself. It looks like it’s some configuration issue or third party incompatibility but haven’t yet been able to determine why some users face these issues. If you find out any clues as to what can cause or trigger this behaviour, let us know.

I’m also having this issue, and it’s persistent 100% of the time unfortunately for me. Whenever I open the formatting palette first time, no commands work and I can’t close it, have to select text, press the circle to invoke it again for it to start working. It’s gotten somewhat cumbersome to use it this way >_<

I’ve no idea what causes it and I can’t nail it down, it started happening since agenda 17 update I think. Here’s a video of it:

Are you using the latest update of the OS? We haven’t had complaints in a while so we assumed it was resolved in an OS update. If not, are you using a window management tool like magnet or similar?

Just want to confirm that this issue hasn’t magically resolved for me; still experiencing it as before as of macOS 13.4.1.

Thanks for confirming, it still seems to be something with specific setups/user accounts, but we have seen quite a few people reporting it got resolved at some point, perhaps after a system update.

Hi! MacOS 13.4.1, I’m not using any window management tools. Hopefully macOS 14 will come to the rescue.

1 Like

It’s happening again here also. I believe it was corrected with 17.0.2. I haven’t noticed it until around the time 17.0.3 was installed.
I backed out of every app that directly affected window server, one at a time, restarting Ag, test, reboot, test. No changes.

In addition to the previous observations, it only occured if the formatting window was moved after opening; and would resolve once the open format button was clicked again.

Agenda 18.0.1, the issue persists. It’s becoming too cumbersome to use it like this.

Unfortunately the issue seems to be due a certain configuration on certain machines, we haven’t been able to reproduce it but some people report it working fine on one machine and not on the other. So far we can only conclude it’s something outside Agenda, either a configuration/preference on the machine, or an interaction with a 3rd party utility (like a window management utility like Magnet).

If you find any clues as what might influence or trigger this issue we’d be keen to hear.