Format text as ‘Quote'

I often find myself pasting stuff other people have written into a note, especially when I need to respond to what they have written.

It would be really helpful if there was a ‘Quote’ format for such text, to easily distinguish it from what I am writing about it, in the same note!

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, together with tables and horizontal rule etc, this would be indeed a nice extension of the mark down type formatting options we support.

4 Likes

Do you have any time schedule? Until today, the quote style is not supported when I use the quote markdown style “>"

Alas, no ETA I’m afraid, there are a number of higher priority items on the list, see The features we are working on right now…

I want to add my vote to this request. Verbatim quotes are an important part of note taking in meetings for me.

+1 on block quotes - it’s a basic feature of markdown that is super useful

I prefix quotes with > in the hopes that one day Agenda will support this Markdown tag.

+1 on block quotes. I use them very regularly in my notes and was a little surprsied to not see them in Agenda.

2 Likes

+100!!

Love the app, but a bit frustrating that block quotes have been a requested feature since at least 2018 and we still don’t have any development…

I hear you, but there’s only so much we can do with two people in a 24h day. Still on the list, but this list does still contain a number of items with higher priority (e.g. table support) I’m afraid. See also The features we are working on right now…

I also indent quotes. The visual distinction of > + indent is helpful in seeing quotes:

This is a regular meeting note

> This is a quote (Joe)

This is the continued meeting note.
2 Likes

+1 for block quotes :wink:

1 Like

+1 on block quotes :blush:

Update: Block quotes are now available in Agenda 15, see it in action here: