Creating a Range(each dated) of Individual Notes in a Project

Is is possible to create a range of individual notes/days within a project without having to create each individual day/note.

This would be very helpful. Suppose I create a project called April 2019. Is there a way to select a range of dates from April 1 to April 30 with each day being an individual note? This would be very helpful in planning ahead/journaling/etc.

When setting the date, click and drag from the day you want the timespan to start untill the day you want it to end.

Edit:

1 Like

Indeed click-and-drag is one way, the other is to select the first date, then shift-click the second date to create a range.

This only creates one note with the date range. I was wondering if there was a way to create multiple notes with each being a single date (specified within the range). Range: April 1 - April 30. Note 1: April 1. Note 2: April 2, etc.

Oh, my bad.

I don’t think you can do that right now. @mekentosj, correct me if I’m wrong.

You can create an iOS shortcut for that using X-callback url, but inside the app you cannot do that.

1 Like

To be honest, I would have no idea to set that up.

Here you go!

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much. This is game changing for me using Agenda.

Do I have to input the date for each note. I tried the shortcut and it comes coming back to the title of the note.

I am very appreciative of the time you devoted to creating this shortcut.

To clarify, and this may not be possible, I wanted the title of each note to be the date of said note. These projects will be used as logs in the future in which I can schedule tasks, notes, etc for each particular note.

This seems pedantic (wanting the title to be the date), but it deals with a job requirement.

I also want to say that even if I manually enter the date for each note title, this shortcut is still a huge time saver. I don’t want to seem unappreciative of the work put into this by @mateusbmelchiades

Oh, that’s even easier. I’ll do that in a minute. I’ll edit this comment with the new link when I finish.

EDIT: Shortcuts

2 Likes

Okay. This is awesome. I was even thinking of
moving away from Agenda, and this just changed everything.@mateusbmelchiades much appreciation for your work and time.

2 Likes

Happy to help! :smiley:

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff @mateusbmelchiades, it’s a nice example where a shortcut can fulfil a wish/need that is to specific to warrant a dedicated feature in Agenda itself.

1 Like

@mateusbmelchiades.
This is awesome and very useful.
Would there be a way to enter a standard text inside each note? That way it could be used as a template for meeting minutes etc.

1 Like

Done

2 Likes

Whenever I run any of these I get a Callback error.

“The operation couldn’t be completed. (InterchangeCall-backErrorDomain error 0.)”

Any ideas on this? I couldn’t see anything obvious when I reviewed the code (but I’m a novice with shortcuts). Thanks!

You would usually get this when you write a project name that doesn’t exist.

Are you sure you’re not misspelling your project name?

I don’t wanna sound rude, but just to remind you that this is the project.

Hope you get it working!

1 Like

Yep, thanks. No luck after trying with multiple different projects. I’ll keep messing with it to see if I can get it working.