Calendar links

So what I have on the Calendar links to Agenda, but what I have on Agenda does not link to the Calendar?

I’m not exactly sure what you mean?

I’m sorry I wasnt clear. I have added work to Agenda that I was hoping would show up on my calendar app on my IPad and IPhone. What I have found is that what I add to the Calendar app links into Agenda, but whaat I added to Agenda does not go onto the Calendar so I can access it when I’m not infront of my computer.
Am understanding this correctly??? Or am I missing something??

1 Like

You will have to explicitly either link a note to an existing calendar event or create a calendar event (one of the premium features) for a note for it to be added to the calendar. Perhaps you though that every note would automatically appear on the calendar?

For some agenda notes that I have created I see an explicit calendar link inside the agenda note itself. Other times I do not see this, even though the nopte has been linked to a calendar event and even though when I look at the calendar event (in the calendar app) I see an agenda link back to the agenda note.

I would link to understand this linking process better so that I can consistently connect my agenda notes to existing calendar events and ensure that I see explicit links between these notes and events. Is this possible or am I missing some subtelty in the linking/creation process?

Regards,
Barry

PS. I am a premium user just in case that matters for what I want to do.

1 Like

For some agenda notes that I have created I see an explicit calendar link inside the agenda note itself. Other times I do not see this, even though the nopte has been linked to a calendar event and even though when I look at the calendar event (in the calendar app) I see an agenda link back to the agenda note.

Could you send us some screenshots of what you describe?

I also have problems with the linking process. Sometimes they appear, sometimes they don’t. I couldn’t link two different notes to two different events the same day. Only one event appears (sometimes they don’t). I also noticed that after unlinking some notes to calendar events, some events continue to have URL links on them.

Additional info: those events are events that repeat weekly.

In the next update calendar links should be more reliable:

1 Like

Thanks a lot. This would help a lot on my workflow

We believe this issue should be fixed in today’s 2.0 update.

I have a problem linking two or more notes to one and the same calendar event. Is it possible to do? If not, why? Are you working on this feature?

See this post:

Same for the other way around:

I have a topic that fits under this heading. I would like to have an automatic entry created in the URL of my Apple Calender App for every appointment I link to an entry in Agenda. Did you plan this as functionality?

Not sure I follow your request. If you couple a calendar event to a note, that calendar event should get an agenda url inserted in the notes part of the event, visible in the Calendar.app. The only exception is if the event contains invitees.

I have inserted a screenshot to simplify the explanation. In the screenshot (unfortunately in German) you can see, there is a field URL for each appointment of my calendar. So far I manually enter the agenda link here. When I open the appointment at a later time, I see the link and can open my notes about the appointment directly. I would like to automate the creation of the link. Is that possible?

Which calendar app is this? Agenda does insert the Agenda link automatically for you (provided the event doesn’t have invitees), it does so in the Notes (Notizen) section rather than the URL field (as an event can only have a single URL and we don’t want to override what it might contain already).

Will there be an update soon that will allow Agenda to insert the Agenda link to events if there are invitees? Every event I have that I take notes for have attendees.

There’s a hidden preference that allows you to do this. If you quit Agenda first, go to the Terminal app, enter the following command followed by an Return:

defaults write ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences/com.momenta.agenda.macos addLinkToEventsWithInvitees -bool YES

see if now Agenda does indeed insert the link, also when there are invitees.