Automating Agenda

You can create powerful workflows by automating Agenda, which can be done both at a high level using Siri shortcuts or the Shortcuts app for example, or at low-level through x-callback-url support for example. The possibilities are endless!

Tip: We have created a dedicated area in the community to automating Agenda using Shortcuts where users share their worfklows and shortcuts, be sure to check it out.

App Shortcuts

Starting from Agenda 15, App Shortcuts are ways to quickly get one or more tasks done in Agenda through the Shortcuts app. By combining multiple Agenda Shortcuts, optionally with those from other apps you can create and automate your workflows. From the simple opening of a specific note from the Home Screen of your iPad, triggering a new note after a double-tap on the back of your phone, to complex workflows that grab all the things you need to do today from different apps and creates a new project in one tap.

Agenda for iOS also supports Siri shortcuts for common actions like opening a certain note, project or overview. Learn more about it here:

Reference and Supported Shortcuts

Click here for a reference of the supported App Shortcuts…

x-callback-url support

Agenda also supports for x-callback urls. These allow you to couple workflows between apps and/or automate certain actions within Agenda. It’s also supported by Apple’s Shortcuts app.

A quick intro to x-callback-urls:

• The URL scheme is agenda or agenda-notes
  • Commands currently include on-the-agenda, today, open-project, etc. See the reference for a complete list.
  • For “open-project” and “open-note”, you can stipulate the target using a title parameter.
  • As usual, you can supply callback URLs via optional x-success and x-error parameters.

For example, to open Agenda to a note called “Meeting With Peta”, you could use this URL:
agenda://x-callback-url/open-note?title=Meeting%20With%20Peta

Reference and Supported Actions

Click here for a reference of the supported x-callback-url actions…

1 Like

Example use cases

https://heyscottyj.com/2020/11/23/productivity-home-screen-reminders-edition/

https://heyscottyj.com/2020/01/09/the-agenda-meeting-wrap-up-shortcut/

7 Likes

Any chance we’ll be able to share notes with others? Some collaborative features would be welcome (assign notes to other people, let other people edit your notes, dates, etc.).

Thanks!

8 Likes

Nothing to announce, but this is certainly on the radar. It is something that would be good to have.

Thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

Being able to share and collaborate on notes is a must if I am going to be able to use this for work. I will probably pay for the app but won’t use it much until you add those features.

2 Likes

My husband and I are both Project Managers and we use Notes (Apple) for everything home and work. We have several notes that we share so that we can both update them in real time (i.e. grocer note, home improvement notes, etc) and both see the updates on our respective devices. I imported all my notes when i went premium but it doesnt look like i’m getting his updates now.

We don’t have any sharing of data yet. Agenda doesn’t use the notes database: it is just an import, not a sync.

We do have ideas about collaboration down the track, but for now it is just a personal tool.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I too am trying to share notes, calendar, projects, etc. with my boss. We can’ t quite figure it out. I want the Agenda app to work for us, but it doesn’t seem terribly intuitive? Does anyone have tips on sharing information via Agenda without emailing files back and forth?
Thanks,
Mary

Unfortunately you can’t yet share notes by say inviting others to it within Agenda, we hope to bring such features in the future but for now the only way is through sharing Agenda files I’m afraid.

I agree - collaboration with other users is a must

Greatly looking forward to this feature. It would be highly useful!

Thx

Hello! (MAC/ iOS) I noticed when one makes a reminder it creates a corresponding reminder and a shortcut in the Reminder app. It is pretty cool but the phone doesn’t automatically opens that shortcut when you tap on it. However, if the shortcut is in the URL field it does. Is it possible to make it so that when one creates a reminder, the shortcut falls into the URL field instead of in the Notes of the reminder?

That’s a long story, see URL of note put in wrong reminder field - #2, good news is that there should be hope in macOS11 and iOS14, we’re looking if we can now finally make it work.

1 Like

At least I need to involve my assistant. Being able to share Agenda with her would be great and helbful.