Agenda has stopped syncing across devices

What I did: i write lesson notes on my phone, and then review them at home on my macbook. There is a journal entry under a folder where i continue writing on the same document.

What happened: The document has not been updated on the MacOS app side. When I wrote on the Mac Agenda app, it is not synced on the iPhone Agenda app.

What I expected: Obviously there should have been a rather seamless sync since it is just text and my phone is constantly connected (cellular data/wifi) and so is my macbook (wifi).

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda Premium
iPhone 15 Pro Max 17.5.1 - Agenda app up to date
MBP 16 Pro Sonoma 14.2.1 - Agenda app up to date (19.0)

Make sure you are signed in to iCloud with the same account on each device, and that iCloud Drive is turned on. (iCloud Drive is very important, and many people forget this.) Also make sure your iCloud drive has enough free storage space.

If that doesn’t help, here are some other things to check: Syncing between desktop and iOS

Lastly, some companies block iCloud, so you might need to check if that is the reason sync is not working for you.

I had a similar problem - It syncronized from iPad to MacOs, but not on my iPhone.
My file is quite big (>2,5GB) and what I did is just to delete the app on my iPhone and reinstalled it. Then it started to re-syncronize. I am not sure if there was errors in just some of the projects, as some projects were synchronized. In my case, it was easy as the iPhone had no data which needed to be synchronized the other way around.

Usually, this is simply a case of giving the device enough time to upload/download the data. You could hold Agenda in the foreground for a while, just stopping your device from going to sleep, to give it time. If you don’t want to to have to constantly keep the device from “sleeping”, you can turn off the Autolock in the Settings.

Repeat this on each device, letting it sync for around 20 minutes. Usually that will allow everything to upload and download, and it will be fast after that.

Note that you can see if it is syncing by looking for the clouds crossing the islands icon (or flashing cloud icon) at the bottom of the right panel. It appears when there is sync activity. On the Mac, this appears top-right in the window.

If this also doesn’t help, I recommend turning off the iCloud switch in System Preferences/Settings app, and then turning it back on again for the same account. Do that on each device.

1 Like