X-callback-url Support and Reference

I’m guessing no but I thought I’d try - I love the look of inline attachments.

Is there a way to attach a file inline using callback urls? For now editing to inline after the fact is fine :slight_smile:

Alas, it’s not yet possible to determine the style of the attachment via x-callback-urls yet.

Update: New in version 12 is the ability to determine the display style using x-callback-urls of imported attachments through the display-style parameter when creating and updating notes. :sparkles:

1 Like

Any updates on this ? Would really love to get this feature soon!

Getting closer to the top but no ETA yet I’m afraid.

A post was split to a new topic: Inserting Text Through X-callback URL

Update: New in version 13 is the ability to replace the text of an existing note completely with that provided through the replace-note x-callback-url, see the example above. :sparkles:

Hi,

I was wondering and searching if it is possible to make a note via X-callback that “automatically” links to the meeting currently in the agenda/calendar.

Usecase is that I have an Elgato Streamdeck. Not all meeting require notes, but sometimes during the meeting you think, I need to write this down. A push on the Elgato Streamdeck would then create a note (probably based on a template) linked to the current calendar/agenda event.

So far I did not figure it out myself - or could find any reference. Maybe I overlooked. Thanks for any pointers / guidance.

You can do this using the create note x-callback-url, see X-callback-url Support and Reference, and providing the event-title parameter, which you could tie all together using the Shortcuts app, which allows obtaining the current events in your calendar.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I thought of that, but that is only working for iPad en iPhone. I wanted to do this specifically on MacOS. Because then I could link it to the Elgato Streamdeck.

Also on Mac this can be done using AppleScript and/or Automator, it is less user friendly however.

Update: Starting from Agenda 13.1 we will now return proper x-error callbacks according to the x-callback-url specification, see the above documentation. Agenda 13.1 also supports the new get-identifier action that allows to request the identifier for the project or note with a given title.

2 Likes

Update: In Agenda 14 it is now possible to retrieve the identifier and title of the currently selected note or project using x-callback-urls: X-callback-url Support and Reference, which you can then use either directly or in subsequent callbacks. :tada:

1 Like

I don’t know what others might think, I might be a corner case, but I would love if this x-callback reference list could be linked as a first class citizen on the support tab in the app in the same way that the markdown cheat sheet and search syntax reference posts are. I refer to this a lot!

And yes, I have it bookmarked in my browser, but I’d like a fast way from in app :grin:

Thanks for any consideration!

ScottyJ

Sounds like a good idea! We will see what we can do.

1 Like

I’ve made a thread about this before, but this is probably a better place for it: Is read-access / a read API thru x-url-callbacks is still being looked at / any updates? Super hyped for this feature.

Certainly still being considered. The challenge is we have to make it secure. You wouldn’t want to click some link on the web, and have it steal your Agenda notes. So for a read feature, we will proceed carefully, and probably require the use of some authorisation key in the URL. Something like that.

Still difficult to understand for a noob :blush:

It would be great if there was a feature that automatically creates a note for a meeting that is in my agenda (at the moment that I fire this request). Read the post 20 times, but I expect it to be too difficult. Plus I don’t see how an X-callback-url results in something automated. But again, I AM A NOOB!

Perhaps stating the obvious, but if you have the inspector open on the right in Agenda, and click the event currently ongoing, you can create a linked note directly from there. And if you’d like to use a template in combination, you can do this the same way as well. That would be the easiest way to achieve what you’re looking for or am I missing something?

2 Likes

Agree :sunglasses:

1 Like