Windows 11 Support for Android Apps

Hi friends!

I know this question has been asked ad nauseam on here, so I’m sorry about that—I love and am content with just having Agenda on my phone—but I was wondering if Windows’ incoming support for Android apps could change the incentive structure to produce an Android version.

Keep up the great work!

I guess MS are just following Apple’s lead here, given iOS apps now run on Macs. I don’t know how many people actually use them there though. I have an M1 laptop, and have never installed an iOS app.

So I am not sure it really replaces a real Windows app, from a commercial view point. And we don’t have the expertise in Android or Windows that we have in Apple platforms. I think a web app is more likely than Android or Windows at this point, but they are all very far away at this point. Sorry.

1 Like

Drew,
Has the team thought about a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a windows app? It seams like a very successful way to get new product out (look at Rocketbook).

Thanks for the suggestion. We haven’t really considered that, but that is because it is not really a problem of money in this case.

It is easy to underestimate how much work it is to make an app like Agenda. We have been at it 5 years to get it to where it is now. So a full windows app could easily be years in the making, and would take a lot of our time just steering it.

We have ideas for how we can help Windows and Android users in future. The app will continue to focus on Apple platforms, but we will try to offer some access in future via a web app or similar. That also is a lot of work, but could be less than a full Windows app.