Wider notes

When using my macbook, the notes have a fixed width. How about a option to increase (and maybe decrease) the width. I’ve got a lot of space for text on my screen that can’t be used.

We have a maximum width of text in line with Apple’s guidelines. Very long lines of text are quite difficult to read. The width should change with the font size though, so you can increase font size to get it wider.

We actually do have a hidden preference that you can use to increase or decrease the width, you can try this by quitting Agenda and entering the following in the Terminal.app:

defaults write ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences/com.momenta.agenda.macos maximumNoteWidth -float 1100

Where the 1100 is the width of the note in pixels. The minimum is 450, and default 900, but you can see what works for you. Let us know!

1 Like

Thanks for the command! Made it Agenda exactly how it works best for me. :smiley:

Linguistic scientific research shows that the cascading of the eyes determines what is readable and what is not. That means that the absolute width of a page has an influence on the readability. However, when the absolute width stays the same but more characters are put in one line, the readability (unless the letters are too small) isn’t compromised.

1 Like

Hey Guys, I just tried this in Terminal and to no effect, is there something I am missing
I would love to have the gaps between lines closer that would make this 100% for me!

Thank you

This is not about line spacing, this command controls the maximum width of the note on larger screens (where the note stops becoming wider even if you resize the window horizontally).

I gotcha, sorry bit of a Noob as I’ve been a One Note user for a while and finding my feet switching over, is there a way to close the line spacing down in any way?

No problem. This isn’t yet possible but we hope to allow it in the not too distant future.

Thank you! And thanks for the super quick reply

1 Like