Full width note

Hi, when I write a note, I would like to have the text fill (almost) the whole screen. Right now, even when I hide all the sidebars, I am left with several centimeters of blank space on each side, which I do not see a need for.

1 Like

We do this on purpose to keep sentences easier too read, text becomes harder to read when they become too wide. If you insist on making them larger you can do so with a hidden preference:

Thanks. Is there an iOS/iPadOS version of this hidden preference?
Also, is there a way to focus on the note currently being edited (e.g. not show earlier notes of the same project in the bottom)?

Is there an iOS/iPadOS version of this hidden preference?

Alas, hidden preferences aren’t as easily added

Also, is there a way to focus on the note currently being edited (e.g. not show earlier notes of the same project in the bottom)?

Not yet, it’s something we’d like to add at some point.

Hmmm. This seems like a very lazy “solution”, also not comfortable “editing” app files… Does that not mess with app signing?

Surely it would be easier to offer this as a preference. The waste of space is ridiculous on a 27" iMac.

First, it’s not messing with app files, it’s setting a preference, which is the way all app preferences are set, though normally by clicking a checkbox or popup button of course.

Surely it would be easier to offer this as a preference. The waste of space is ridiculous on a 27" iMac.

Surely it would, but so would it be to add a million other preferences other users might like. We have to walk a careful balance between adding features, buttons and preferences and not bloating the app with ever more options, bells, and whistles.

Here we decided to go for the middle ground, a hidden preference you can set manually for those (few, it’s not a common request) would like to deviate from the default choices, without bloating the preference panel.

I also would love to see this as a preference. I know your reasons, but something like this would seem to me that people would really enjoy. On. my ultra wide monitor, the notes look like a tiny strip in the middle of my monitor with huge amounts of empty space on either side.

I’m also coming from another tool where you can choose to make a page wide, so I suppose I was used to seeing this feature. I would highly encourage you guys to put this on the main UI as an option or a preference.

Thank you guys

We see this request not often enough to justify a preference in the UI, but you find the instructions to set the preference that can already do this for you here: Full width note - #2 by mekentosj