Where are the Agenda files?

What I did: I launched Agenda

What happened: I did not find where the Agenda files are located in iCloud.

What I expected: I would like to be able to choose where Agenda stores its data : on my iCloud or on Dropbox (or any other cloud service) or on my nas…

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 1.2 Paddle - maOS 10.13.3. iMac 17,1

Thanks for answer
Francois

Hi Francois,
Agenda sync is quite a bit more complex than just storing all the notes as files. It uses a cloud database called CloudKit, which is only in iCloud.
So for now at least, you can only sync with iCloud, and you can’t directly access your data there. If you need to get data out, better to export.
Kind regards,
Drew

Hi Drew and thanks for your answer.

I fully understand your statement : it’s a structuring technical choice :wink:

I suppose that if I log from another Mac using the same credentials (iCloud ID and Agenda ID) Agenda will use the same database on both machines, right ?

Regards,
François

And, BTW, perhaps another version of Agenda would use a separate database as Receipt (https://www.receipts-app.com) does.

I think it would be more flexible and I know this kind of change is hard to acheive :wink:

F

Yes, in terms of sync, the important thing is that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on each machine.

Drew

OK, thanks…

Regards,
Francois

Please add the ability to do an automated export at a specified interval to my hard drive, iCloud, Dropbox, or Amazon S3 accounts.

2 Likes

As a follow-up

Is it possible to backup specific local directories to avoid data loss? e.g. ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos ?

Thanks in advance.

Certainly. Just copy it somewhere. Or turn on Time Machine: that will also backup the folder.

Drew

Thanks. My work isn’t too fond of Time Machine … I’m working through how I’ll keep using Agenda at work because I love it.

1 Like

I am not able to do this - my Categories will come back but not my projects. Even tho Directorty is 150mb+

any thoughts?

Are you sure the categories aren’t collapsed and therefore not showing the project they contain?