Validate tags on “return” and “tab” keyboard keys instead of normal behavior

What I did: I finished writing a tag/hashtag/adding a person tag and wanted to validate it then continue writing on the same line.

What happened: Normal behavior happened on keyboard keys used.

What I expected: Validation of tags only.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 2.0, MacOS 10.13.2

Let me explained.

When you add a little badge (tag, person tag, etc…) which starts with @ or # for exemple and you finish writing it.
Using “Return’ or “Tab” keyboard keys still performs as normal (change the line, add a tabulation) but at that time when you are still writing the tag, it sould just validate the tag you entered only.

I hope it’s clear…

Thanks for your time.

Hmm, I think I understand what you are saying. Note that if you use Note > Make Tag, it might work a bit more like this. Ie you are immediately in tag editing mode, and you escape it using tab.

I am not 100% sure what you mean by “validate”. What do you want to check exactly?

If I am entering a tag with markdown format, I usually just hit space, and it changes to a tag. If there is a problem with it, I back arrow and fix it.

I think accepting return/tab to mean “create tag” in this context could be confusing. For example, it is entirely likely the you might put a tag at the end of a line, and want to just hit return to continue the next line.

I understand. It is that I always use them at the end of sentence and i’ve got the habit, by using other software, to “accept” the tag entry with tab. I will try getting use to it with space from now on.

Tab works when you are using the Note > Make Tag menu item (that should have a keyboard shortcut, but it is broken; fixed in next release). Ie if you have an existing tab (not markdown tag), then tab will jump after the tag.

Drew