After years of struggling with task management apps (Things, Todoist, Omnifocus) I have decided to take a different approach. Instead of focusing on managing project lists I am now focusing on managing tasks on my calendar.
Here’s how it works:
- Create a reminder in Agenda
- Reminder gets created in Apple Reminders
- Reminder shows up as a task in Fantastical
- You can drag that task to any day/time on your calendar
- The day/time updates across Apple Reminders back to Agenda
- Click the task complete in Fantastical and it’s marked complete in Agenda.
To make this all work all of my tasks in Apple Reminders are in the following folders:
This Week (all tasks are assigned to a day)
Long Term / On Hold
Important: Review your lists weekly
Agenda is the place i manage all of my projects and Fantastical is where i schedule and get them done.
With this approach I’m getting more of my important tasks done by scheduling them on my calendar. Apple Reminders acts as the conduit between Agenda and Fantastical. Hopefully this all makes sense but I’m happy to answer questions.