Transparent PNG files display with grey background

What I did: Imported a logo file in PNG format with a transparent background

What happened: The logo is displayed, but the transparent background shows as light grey

What I expected: A correctly formatted PNG file to be displayed

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda version 14.1.1 (231) from the Mac App Store on a M1 MacBook Pro running MacOS Monterey 12.5 (21G72).

Could you send us the original png (alex@agenda.com) and a screenshot of how it’s currently displayed?

I believe this is the expected behaviour. All images in Agenda are shown on a gray background square, so any transparency will show as this gray. It is the same gray you see when you have a thumbnail with a title displayed.

Transparency is “no color”. You will see whatever background Agenda decides to put behind. What color were you expecting? The white of the note?

Drew

Sorry, I didn’t realise that all images in Agenda have a grey background, so was not expecting to see the grey in the transparent areas of the logo.

We use a logo at the top of shared Agenda documents, and the grey background didn’t look intentional. I understand that at present this is ‘expected behaviour’. Perhaps at some stage this grey background could be an option to turn off?

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that this is not a bug.

Kind regards,
D.

2 Likes