Too easy to delete a note

Hi there, only been using this for a bit but accidentally deleted a very long note while I was editing some todo buttons. Undid it to get it back, but it would be great if it was a bit harder to select an entire note so it was less easy to accidentally delete the whole thing!

I’d also like to be able to reorder lists once they’re made too - most lists aren’t made perfectly the first time and need rearranging!

and

Would be good if there was another state as opposed to ‘done’ e.g. in progress (a half tick perhaps) - you’ll find lots of GTD list nutcases who will also ask for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

By default every time you try to delete a note you get a dialog that ask you to confirm that decision, did you perhaps check the “Don’t ask again” button at some point in time? That would obviously make it easier to delete a note by accident.

I’d also like to be able to reorder lists once they’re made too - most lists aren’t made perfectly the first time and need rearranging!

You can just drag and drop notes by click-and-drag the area next to the title of a note, or using the commands in Note > Move to..

Would be good if there was another state as opposed to ‘done’ e.g. in progress (a half tick perhaps) - you’ll find lots of GTD list nutcases who will also ask for that :slight_smile:

This is a matter of defining your own organisation. You could treat “On the Agenda” as in progress or simply all notes not marked as done, etc. I don’t think adding an additional state is worth the added complexity.

I’ve just managed to replicate the delete thing - if you touch the bar
thing at the top of the note and then hit backspace, it will delete the
note. Would be good to disable that, I did it once and had no idea how I
did it, but just managed to do it again by fiddling around.

Regarding lists I meant bullet lists - being able to move things around in
bullet lists would be good.

And regarding an additional ‘done’ state, I’m putting my hand up and waving
it around a bit to see if anyone else would find it handy :wink:

I’ve just managed to replicate the delete thing - if you touch the bar
thing at the top of the note and then hit backspace, it will delete the
note. Would be good to disable that, I did it once and had no idea how I
did it, but just managed to do it again by fiddling around.

It should give this dialog, sounds like you clicked not to ask again:

You can reset the warning by quitting Agenda and entering the following in the Terminal.app:

defaults delete com.momenta.agenda.macos suppressDeleteSectionsAlert

Regarding lists I meant bullet lists - being able to move things around in
bullet lists would be good.

Yes, we have some ideas in this area indeed.

And regarding an additional ‘done’ state, I’m putting my hand up and waving
it around a bit to see if anyone else would find it handy :wink:

Think you’ll like the next update :wink:

I agree that opening the note deletion dialog is too easy, I have a minor heart attack after writing out a long note and then having the delete dialog come up by accident, I’m always afraid I’ll hit delete by accident and delete my hard work! It seems like I’ve activated it several times by accident while deleting content within a note, I’m not actually sure how that happens. Maybe you could include a delete function in the drop-down project menu (when you click on the project name on the top bar)? In general I’d just suggest making it more of a deliberate thing to delete a note, and not something that could be done by accident.

Most likely you selected the note and hit delete (i.e. not editing the note. If we would remove that functionality we probably end up with people finding it too difficult to delete a note. The dialog is a good middle ground where you would have to confirm the deletion first, preventing an accidental deletion. Plus there’s the undo option as well.

1 Like

That makes sense, thanks for replying. I didn’t realize that undoing deleting the note was an option, thanks!

1 Like