Today View w/Navigation to Future and Past

I would like arrows on the Today screen so that I can look at the notes from yesterday or tomorrow, and days farther in the future or past.

4 Likes

You mean you don’t want a ‘today’ overview so much as a ‘on this date’ overview where it defaults to today?

Interesting idea. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Yes, that’s it. I think I would still want it called “Today.” It’s an
inviting and relevant word.

Hi,

Bumping this!

Because this doesn’t really make sense:

“No notes matching Yesterday for Today.”

¯_(ツ)_/¯

This would be cool:

Thanks!

1 Like

I agree it’s a nice idea, unfortunately there are bigger fish to fry first, will keep it in the back of my mind though!

I strongly support arrow keys around Today.
Perhaps if on click Today it showed at the top
<- Today
And clicking on the <- would then change to showing
<- Yesterday ->
etc.

At present if you are going through your days notes (as I frequently do) its really irritating that after midnight you can’t look at them together any more…

Also, it would be useful if the listing under today could be in date order rather than grouped by projects. Frequently you are taking notes in a sequence on meetings, maybe taking notes in the meeting you’re in while, adding things you forgot to the meeting before. Having the notes adjacent makes this easier. I know you can navigate using the calendar, but its just easier if the notes are adjacent anyway.

1 Like

We indeed hope to offer more view options down the line, including an ungrouped mode.

1 Like

Me and my ADHD would be overjoyed if Today view had an ungrouped mode and the notes can be re-ordered as I see fit

1 Like

Any progress on this? It seems such an easy interface feature to implement. You already have a way of querying notes that match [today]. All it needs is an arrow that does a select on [current_displayed_day -1] and it would be possible to walk backward through all your notes by date to review and annotate them. At the moment the closest is to scroll up the calendar right hand sidebar clicking on each, however you miss any notes that you have made in a hurry and were not linked to a calendar item. Such notes end up getting completely lost.

Fair enough, it should certainly be doable, we’ll take it a long but need to think about how this fits the model exactly, and of course where it fits in the list of priorities. Noted!

BTW, not sure if you have seen/experimented with this in Agenda 13, but the closest to doing this today already is to:

1. Go to Search All
  2. Click the loupe icon, then the calendar
  3. Now you can select any date to see the notes for that day.

Importantly, since Agenda 13 we indicate which dates have notes associated, and also note that this calendar now allows navigation by using the arrow keys, so it’s very easy to go forward/backward in time.

Just to say the navitation buttons in ‘Today’ allowing a walk back through notes by day to yesterday etc. are excellent and have transformed my abilty to followup on notes! Thanks for adding in 13.1!

1 Like

Really happy to hear that Tim!