Tighter integration with Calendar

Any plans to integrate more tightly with Apple calendar? I’d like to be able to see notes created, and notes updated right in the Apple calendar.

We do insert a link in the calendar events linked to notes, so you can quickly jump back to Agenda. If you edit a calendar event in Agenda, it should update in Calendar too.

Was there something else you wanted to see happen? The integration is already as close as any app I can think of.

That’s brilliant. I hadn’t noticed. Very useful. Thank you.

Glad to hear!

In paying more attention to how this works, a couple of observations and requests.

1. It appears that when you link notes to calendar items that are not your own (created by someone else), the agenda link does not carry to the Apple or Google calendar. I also notice that the usual “notes” area on these calendar items are not editable, which kind of makes sense.
  2. Would it be possible for Agenda to automatically create a daily Apple or Google calendar entry for notes, for any day on which Agenda notes were taken? Perhaps an “all day” event?

It appears that when you link notes to calendar items that are not your own (created by someone else), the agenda link does not carry to the Apple or Google calendar.

Correct, otherwise the other participants on the invite would get an event update notification and also see a link in the notes of the event that they would not be able to open or perhaps find odd or suspicious. So by default we don’t add Agenda links to events with other participants.

Would it be possible for Agenda to automatically create a daily Apple or Google calendar entry for notes, for any day on which Agenda notes were taken? Perhaps an “all day” event?

At the moment this isn’t possible alas, we felt at the time that this would very likely mean you would get a lot of events in your calendar that were not particularly needed. What would for you be the use case?

The main use case is to be able to rely on a single calendar to schedule meetings, and to be able to find notes related to meetings in the past without having to consult multiple calendars.

A single entry per day as an all day event would be unobtrusive. That entry could just list all meetings and related link to agenda notes.