The backlink text will not be updated when the note title is updated

What I did:
I created a note in a project from my calendar, the title is “Planning Meeting”.
Then I created another note in the same project and I used a backlink like According to [[Planning Meeting]] …..
Finally, I change the title of the ‘Planning Meeting’ to ‘Planning Meeting 2023 Session 1’ and I expected all the backlinks’ text automatically got updated to the new text.

What happened:
Link of the current back links are working correctly however, their text appears to static.

What I expected:
I expected that when I update a note title, all the backlinks referring to that note would automatically get updated with their text.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Hi Mark,

If you edit the text of the link it will no longer update but if you insert an agenda link and leave it unaltered, it should change if you change the name of the link if you change the name of the note. Are you saying this is not the case?

Thanks @mekentosj
You’re right. Apparently, I updated the text of the link unintentionally. It is getting updated if the text is unaltered, and it definitely does make sense to ignore altered text.

1 Like