Textexpander support on iOS

I’d love TextExpander support too. It’s great in Drafts5.

2 Likes

I love the TextExpander support in DayOne. Would love to see it in Agenda also. The TextExpander keyboard is not an option for me on iOS – too slow and clunky and breaks the workflow. Integrated support is the way to go.

DayOne has put a lot of effort into their own syncing solution, including end-to-end encryption. Yet they’re still confident in offering TextExpander support. Perhaps you could ask them about the security of TE support :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a couple questions regarding the highlighted sections of the attached screen grabs from iOS 12 Setting.

1. the toggle option in the first grab. Is that something recently added with iOS 12, or has it been there in prior versions and I didn’t notice it?

2. the highlighted text in the Privacy statement by Apple regarding #1.
    Regarding TextExpander, does the verbiage in 2nd screen grab mean that a Developer (TextExpander) IS PROHIBITED from capturing keystrokes IF the User has elected to turn ON the option in the 1st screen grab?

1 Like

I would also like to see TextExpander Support on the iOS app.

1 Like

Add me to the list of those hoping for TextExpander support on the IOS app.

1 Like

Same here: Native support of TextExpander would be appreciated very much!

1 Like

Another vote for TextExpander on iOS.

1 Like

Another +1 for “full” TextExpander support in iOS.

I have been playing around with Agenda since the day you launched. I have not yet found a compelling reason to purchase a subscription. There is enough there to continue playing with it, but not enough functionality to purchase. If you add TextExpander support, that will put me over the top and justify the purchase and incorporation into my workflow.

2 Likes

+1 for TextExpander without using their awful keyboard—it doesn’t help anyone using an external keyboard! :slight_smile:

Barring full TE support, I’d settle for at least Agenda being a target for text shares using the iOS Share sheet so that I could type up something in say, Drafts, which supports TE and get it into Agenda for storage.

1 Like

Share sheets are planned.

4 Likes

Add my name to integration (key sequence) support.

Per @mekentosj pointing to this thread from another one, I’m still very eager to see this feature added. Trying to use Agenda more seriously now, but I’m so reliant on TE that it’s a bit harder than I’d like.

I would just like to add, that since developers are going to implement \ basic action this can replace textexpander functions.

That would be a gamechanger.

I no longer understand Agenda without Textexpander support, like the most important apps do (Omnifocus, Drafts, Ullyses). I think it would be a good point as a Premium feature

We did look into this. One of the problems was that TextExpander on iOS needs a special text editor, and we can’t do that. Our text editor is highly customized, and can’t just be swapped for another.

I’m not know a professional programer but other premium Apps but if Ulllyses o Drafts (with a highly customized editor) can do it then it’s possible (maybe not worthy). Neither they have problem. Well it’s a pity.
The question is: can you tell us wether TextExpander support on iOS is on your roadmap?

I’m guessing that’s the answer to your question…or, just use one of the apps you mention…problem solved…

I’m not ruling it out. Just that when went to do it, we thought it would be simple, but we realized the way they had set it up would mean major headaches in our app. So we put it on the back burner. Perhaps we can take another look in future, and find a different way around.

1 Like