Text paste bug

If you copy the text “+ 1” and then paste it, you only get “1”. Something is doing a numeric interpretation/simplification, treating the “+” as a sign indicator? This is not useful if the intention is to convert “1 + 1” into “1 + 1 + 1”.

Very odd. I am not aware of anything in Agenda that would do it. Or is it turning it into a list item?

I think a + with space at the start of the line is recognized as a list item in Agenda, just like the - and *. If you need to avoid it, you can change the paragraph style to “Preformatted” or use the “Fixed Width” style, and then paste.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

That’s understandable. Although the context should make it clear that it isn’t a list item. If there’s no newline preceding the text insertion point, and it’s not in an existing list item. Although in the second case, the expected behaviour would be to create a new list item, which would be less confusing than the current behaviour.

I’m not sure what you mean exactly, if I copy “+ 1” and paste it in a new note, I get a new list item with the text “1” because of what @drewmccormack explained.