Text in a note keeps disappearing

I see the release notes of version 9.1.1 - citing a fixed sync issue. Did you find anything that might fix my issue?

Yes, there is a reasonable chance we fixed it. Please let us know if you see it again.

We managed to get certain sync issues to repeat, so we were able to concentrate on fixing those. They may account for what you saw, but we canā€™t be 100% sure.

I am seeing related but not identical behaviour. In my case some (but not all) text of a note disappears because it is overwritten by the line directly above it. In the end, I have two identical (duplicate) lines and whatever was there is gone. This happened on my ipad as well as on macOS. I am afraid to say that it also occurred with v9.1.1

Is anybody else seeing duplication of lines associated with disappearing text?

I donā€™t believe we have seen reports of text duplication, just edits being reverted to an empty note (which is what we believe have fixed in 9.1.1). If others do see the same weā€™d be keen to hear about it. Iā€™ve followed up on our conversation in our separate thread.

My problem was not that the entire note disappeared (as your reply indicates) but that text added at the end of the note kept disappearing. Not the entire note. So it seems like a sync issue at the end of the file/document.

Not a complete deletion of all text.

You are right, technically, all the text added since the last time the note was synced with the device that had also edited the same note in the past. The relevant bit here is that it would always lead to text deletion only, not duplication of text.

A post was split to a new topic: Lost data in sync

Iā€™ve had this happen several times over the last couple weeks in piloting Agenda. Ironically, this type of bug is the very reason I decided to try Agenda to consider switching from Appleā€™s Notes app. Obviously there are a lot of other benefits to Agenda over Notes, but disappearing text/drawings in Notes is what finally made me take the plunge.

Just now when it happened in Agenda, the flow was something like this:

1 - Sometime earlier today or yesterday, I created a new note from an event on my calendar with just whatever was stubbed out (the meeting title and description, etc.)
2 - During my meeting, I pulled up the note in its project, and filled in some items I wanted to discuss when it was my turn in our standup
3 - I focused away from the app to check Slack or some other distracting app :slight_smile:
4 - I came back to Agenda and couldnā€™t find the note right away. I donā€™t know if its because the text I had filled in already disappeared so I didnā€™t recognize the note, or if it had scrolled to the top of that project or what, but it prompted me to go to ā€œTodayā€, since I knew the note was assigned to todayā€™s date, and I should see it in there.
5 - After switching to ā€œTodayā€, I saw the note, but it was back to just the stub.
6 - Went back into the project, and found the note, and it was just the stub.

After panicking for a second, I decided to hit command-Z to undo in hopes that it would reappear, and sure enough, it did, and all in one chunk. I swear I didnā€™t delete the text on my own at any point, and I certainly didnā€™t highlight it all and delete it in one chunk like the undo action would imply, so Iā€™m thinking its a bug.

Oh, and at no point during this (at least after I added the additional text to my note) did I open it on any other devices. In fact, I didnā€™t even open the Agenda app on any other device after I added that text.

Sorry I canā€™t get more specific info - kind of one of those things thatā€™s hard to reproduce.

Thanks for this feedback. As it happens, we are working on this right now in the next release. We hope that the changes we make will prevent this type of thing, no matter how rare it is. Next release with the fixes should be out next week sometime all going well.

1 Like

Glad to hear it - thank you!

I was wondering if I was the only one experiencing this issue, I use agenda only on mac, I have iCloud sync activated though. I hope this gets fixed soon :confused:

Update: Iā€™m testing the beta release, hopefully this is the fix to fix this issue :crossed_fingers:

Update: Iā€™m testing the beta release, hopefully this is the fix to fix this issue :crossed_fingers:

Yes, the 9.1.3 update should prevent this from happening, let us know if you still hit issues.