Taking notes of Safari links, syncing via iCloud and using categories

I have been using Agenda for around a year and I love it.

Just two functionalities I think the app is missing.

1. Any time I take a quick note of a link from Safari (in-built sharing option) I cannot see that note synced with all my devices via iCloud as long as I don’t launch Agenda into the device I was using at that moment I was browsing with Safari. Only then the note goes syncing and I can find it onto another device, say from iPhone to Mac or viceversa.
    I think this is a bit annoying.
    The native app Notes does the syncing between devices automatically even through other apps like Safari.

2. The second thing I find missing in Agenda is related with Safari links as well.
    Say I want to take a note of a link through the sharing option in Safari and put it into a new project under an existing category.
    At present this is impossible.
    What I have to do is sharing the link from Safari, open Agenda, go down the bottom of the projects list to the new uncategorised project and drag it into the category I already created.

If these aspects have been already touched and discussed please forgive me.

Thank you for reading

Thanks so much for the feedback.

That’s indeed a current limitation that has to do with the way sharing extensions are running independently from the main app. It would add tremendous complexity if the sharing extension would have to also sync stand-alone with iCloud, unfortunately it means you have to start the main app to push the changes to other devices indeed.

I want to take a note of a link through the sharing option in Safari and put it into a new project under an existing category.

Just so I get it right, you do create a new project but you want to pick under which category this new project goes correct? We’ll think about whether this can be improved indeed.

2 Likes

@mekentosj thank you so much for replying.

As for the first point, it would have been a great feature but OK, I understand.

About the second one, yes I mean that.
I would like to be able to create a new project by sharing a link from the browser and pick up a category under which I want it to go instead of opening Agenda afterwards and drag that new project into the category.

Thank you a lot.

1 Like

Ok, notes, thanks for the follow up, we’ll see what can be done!

2 Likes