Tags with emojis

Why cant I create tags with emojis?

Will investigate. I think it is probably due to the regular expressions we use for tags. Not sure they support full unicode text.

Drew

Hi Drew, any update on this? Some of us visual people like to do this in our taggings. :slight_smile:

Yes, we now understand why it doesn’t work, which is a start. We will probably do work improving tagging in a project down the track, and fix it at that time. Sorry for the delay. Too many projects :frowning:

Thanks Drew, not to put pressure on you. We know the team is working really hard and we really appreciate all that you do on this app’s development.

Right now, it seems that normal tags(#) with emojis are not supported at all and will crash the app. However, name tags(@) with emojis seems fine. But the text contents will be cut when using it with tag autocomplete.

For example, if I have a tag @😀Test, then I use @ and select this tag, it will show @😀Test
Please see the following picture, the right one is created with tag autocomplete.
CleanShot 2022-06-12 at 14.36.24

Just want to add this to the discussion. I would hope for a full support on both kinds of tags and a name tag manager. No Pressure though, the app is amazing!

Yes, this must be a bug. We fully intended emojis to work in tags.

Thank you for reporting it! We are going to investigate.

1 Like