Tag Browser for Mac

I’ve searched around and see that Tag Browser is in numerous Discussions. That’s why I created a new one.

I also see that there is a reference to a Tag Browser for the iPad. I haven’t used Agenda on an iPad so I cannot speak to that.

I am assuming that there is still not currently a Tag Browser feature for the Mac. I cannot find one on the app and I cannot see in these discussions that there is one.

I use a work around:

Create a new Project called “Tag List” (or whatever you might like to call it)

Whenever you add a new Tag - also add it in the Project called “Tags List”

Then, when you want to search for a Tag, select that Tag in the Tag List

You will be given the option of searching for that Tag in the current Project (that would be the Tag List - so not useful) or in All Projects

You can also order the list in any way that you’d like.

I hope that might help some of the people that are looking for a Tag Browser.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip, rest assured we definitely want to add a tag browser at some point, some other things have a higher priority so no ETA at this point alas, but just to say it’s not been forgotten.

2 Likes

Tag browser is really a must :wink: Nested tags (nicely done in Things) would be very great too.

5 Likes

Yes +1 for a tag browser. Tags are much less useful without a canonical list of topics. Otherwise you get #Assignment #text assignment #text reply and so on as the mood hits you (and as neurons recording previous tags fail).
Thanks!
KR

I strongly agree with this suggestion.

I also hope for “tag completion”, where when I start typing a tag - @… - that the U/I would display a list of tags that match what I’ve typed so far.

I currently do not use tags because both of these capabilities aren’t available.

Also, I really like using Agenda!

Before starting to use Agenda several months ago, I had tried using Bear, Microsoft’s One Note (yuck!), OmniFocus, Things … Each of these take time to learn in order to really integrate into day-to-day, hour-by-hour use, and the absence of being able to assign dates to each post is significant. So the date basis of Agenda is really important!

I’m optimistic that the Agenda developers will eventually get these tags capabilities built in.

1 Like

Both are at the top of the list, stay tuned!

2 Likes

Glad to see. Came looking to find an answer that doesn’t exist yet, but glad it is on it’s way soon. :wink:

1 Like

Despite being a heavy user, and a fan of Agenda, it is disheartening to see a good tagging system (tag browser, auto suggest tags as we type, etc.) is not available yet. Even the Apple has implemented this in its eco system (Mac OS, iOS). If Agenda developers insist that this is not priority, I am not sure if it aligned with overall market trends, customer needs that can be easily fulfilled by other offerings.

I think you’ll be very very happy with the upcoming Agenda 14 update, currently in beta an due out in the beginning of April.

1 Like

Update: Agenda 14 now comes with a tag browser, you can see it in action here

Hi Alex,

Great to see the tag browser in v14 of the app. Any chance of having the tag browser “docked” into the sidebar on the left, underneath my projects (with the ability to expand or collapse the section in the same way as we can hide the sections on the left, or the calendar area on the right), so its easy to filter tags with a click, and not have them obstruct the screen via a floating window?

I feel this is similar to many other “mac native” apps, and feels very intuitive to use. I do appreciate that we have the ability to pin tabs in the Smart Overview area.

1 Like

Glad you like the tag browser. I’m afraid we don’t have plans to add it to the sidebar however at this point in time.