Tag auto-complete

In order to make tags more useful and resilient, it would be great if when you type #, autocomplete appears (kind of like in this feedback app!)

11 Likes

Yes, fully agree. Autocomplete for tags is something we want to add. Thanks!

6 Likes

In conjunction with this, it would be nice to have a tag manager view of some kind — just to see the set of tags (people and hashtags) that have been defined so far.

This, notably, is something Ulysses lacks and it’s sort of a mess. I’ve ended up making a saved search for each tag I create in Ulysses, so I have a way of keeping tabs on them all — kind of a DIY tag manager, but it’s a bit kludgy and manual.

A tag manager is indeed on our to-do list, thanks for the feedback.

4 Likes

Yes, definitely auto-completion of tags is a must. A have a long list in a project and each item as one or more tags. The only way is to type them fully or copy/paste. Bear has a nice auto-completion of tags :slight_smile:
Thanks.

2 Likes

Another +1 vote for auto-completing tags as well as people!

We hear you. Hope to add that.

1 Like

I want to pile on to the tag auto-complete request.

+1 for me as well. The way Bear does tags has changed my life! :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

Just starting to explore the possibilities of Agenda, autocompletion for tags and people is one of the first things that I really miss in order to work efficiently with a sense of “safety”, not to mess up my tag or people database. Adding this feature will give instant karma! <3

2 Likes

It is high on the list. Should not be long.

1 Like

Very eager for this myself. A recent bout of online learning has been the impetus to really use Agenda as a way to manage information for each student lesson (just aspirational previously), but the lack of auto-complete or person listing has already been a pain point.

For what it’s worth to others waiting on this feature:

I have a database using Tap Forms for all of my students. I’ve added a field to use an Agenda URL Scheme to pull up the search of them (e.g. agenda://x-callback-url/open-search?query=@EzekielSonOfBalthazar). I’m not sure if I should be encoding the @ as %40 or if it makes a difference, but I’m not right now encountering any problems by putting it as an actual @ character.

The same idea could be achieved by a note. Obviously it wouldn’t auto-populate, but it’s a way to have a list of all your people. Even when Agenda does incorporate it natively, it’ll still be useful for me to have these links in my database.

1 Like

Creative solution. Thanks for sharing!

This is really help, I am trying do this both in #tags and @metions. Thanks for your sharing.

1 Like

Any update on incorporating the tag functionality? I agree with the other comments as it relates to auto-complete when inserting a tag and having the option to see all tags in the sidebar.

Yes, this is very high on our list. It is planned for an upcoming release (not the very next release though).

5 Likes

Game changer!!!

1 Like