Tables not rendering when exporting notes

What I did: I tried exporting a note I have that includes a table in every possible non-Agenda specific (I.e. not including agenda link and agenda file formats) format available (I purchased the premium features so I was able to try all formats) with finding a format that would render the table in the note properly, i.e. with the table format intact.

What happened: With the exception of the PDF export format, the text within the table was exported in either list form (it exported this way for the markdown, HTML, plain text, text bundle) or not at all (this was the case for the note text format), i.e. neither the table format nor the text within the table were included in the exported file. When I say the table was exported in list format, it exported in list form the text in the first cell was on one line, the text in the cell to its right was put on its own line below it, and so on and so forth, and without the table structure/outline itself in every export format except PDF. And with the PDF export, I found that it took a few tries because sometimes the table would get cut off unceremoniously at the bottom of the page and not continue on to the next page and then after a few tries all of a sudden it exported properly with the table continuing on to the next page.

What I expected: The table to be intact, in whatever way that looks based on the chosen export format (e.g. if exported in markdown, it be in the standard dashes and vertical lines). Is there any export format currently available other than PDF that will export tables within notes properly?

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): I’m using the latest agenda version and in this instance was using a 2021 12.9” iPad Pro.

Thanks so much!
Taylor

Table export could certainly be improved. Pagination in PDF is a bit tricky, because it is a note taking app with no pages, but it should be better than it is.

Other formats often simply don’t support tables. Markdown actually doesn’t. I assume you are thinking of Multi-markdown. It would be nice to add that support at some point. Export probably wouldn’t be so problematic, but import would be a challenge I think.

We should definitely be able to support HTML tables.

Thanks for the feedback! We will try to get to this.

I’ve been using Agenda for drafting and sharing meeting minutes, which include a table of agreed actions (multiple columns and rows).

When I last did this in September (MacOS Ventura), the Agenda note and table exported to PDF fine and the table was rendered accurately. Today (MacOS Sonoma and Agenda 18.1.2), when I performed the same export to PDF, the table in the PDF version had re-assembled all columns into a single column - the cell contents were all there, but rendered in a single column.

A bit more experimentation showed that all Notes export options (HTML, RTF etc) rendered the table significantly differently to the orginal Agenda Note layout.

I’m really hoping you are able to fix this fast, since this is a showstopper to using Agenda to draft/share relaibly rendered notes non-Agenda users.

Thanks

Thanks, I noticed this too. Not sure why this has started to happen. Will investigate ASAP. Thanks!

Oh I’m so frustrated with this feature. I use a lot of tables to consolidate accounts for my various businesses and time tables but exporting them has become impossible. I have to take screenshots as a quick fix but I really need them in a PDF format. I’ve written to the support on twitter about this multiple times and I was asked to reach support here. Not sure how to get this bug to the right people so they can fix it.

Sorry about this. We are very aware of the issue, and have been investigating.

Unfortunately, it is a bug in Apple’s latest OSes. We have plans to start on a fix for this. We will have to change the way we export things completely though, so it is not so trivial.

Hopefully we will get a fix out sooner rather than later, but it is also worth updating to any new OS releases Apple put out in case they fix it. We have reported it to them.

Kind regards,
Drew

Not exporting tables correctly will affect my decision to adopt Agenda in my daily workflow and buy the lifetime license.
To me, and many, this is critical.
Please inform us clearly when you can solve this issue!

Adolfo

Can you be specific about what problem you are seeing? This was fixed in Agenda 19, so make sure you are fully up-to-date. If it still happens, please let us know.

Update: My apologies. I see we did indeed fix this problem, but it is not available yet in Agenda 18. Agenda 19 does include it, and should be out soon enough.