Sync slow after update to Agenda 17

My subscription is current and it looks great so far, but despite doing what I think is correct I can’t get it to sync across all my Apple devices. My computer copy seems to work well, but more portable devices won’t sync their Agenda data to match what’s on my computer; I’m not stupid. I’m very tech savvy, but can’t work out what the solution is.

One more question. Is it possible to export a copy of one’s data to a Finder friendly file for backup purposes and then in the event icloud eff’s up and you lose your Agenda data import the latest copy of this file, and if so what is the procedure?

As part of Agenda 17 comes a migration step that can generate quite a bit of sync data that needs to be processed before changes come across more quickly again. Best is to give your devices a bit of time (with Agenda in the foreground ideally) to keep on syncing all the data, after it has come through it should be quick again.

I have tried now syncing for more than an 40 minutes in a row plus numerous other short attempst throughout the day and absolutely nothing is happening. The movig clounds (showing sync activity) seem to start and stop for rather long periods but there has been absolutely no sync happening.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

Why is it that syncing may transfer some changes but not others e.g. not all the items I deleted on my laptop would be deleted on another device?

Furthermore I have observed some projects i deleted from a category i.e. moved them to the bin on my laptop, but on another device one or more of those projects was moved to another category NOT deleted. Do you know why this happens and what can be done about this?

Projects sync individually in Agenda. That means you may see one project fully up-to-date, while another one is still on an older version. (Changes play back in the order you made them, which means you may see some notes revert to an older version, and then later update.)

The categories are also like a separate project. Until they are full synced, you may see old structures.

Usually, this is simply a case of giving the device enough time to upload/download the data. You could hold Agenda in the foreground for a while, just stopping your device from going to sleep, to give it time. If you don’t want to to have to constantly keep the device from “sleeping”, you can turn off the Autolock in the Settings.

Repeat this on each device, letting it sync for around 20 minutes. Usually that will allow everything to upload and download, and it will be fast after that.

Note that you can see if it is syncing by looking for the clouds crossing the islands icon (or flashing cloud icon) at the bottom of the right panel. It appears when there is sync activity. On the Mac, this appears top-right in the window.

If this also doesn’t help, I recommend turning off the iCloud switch in System Preferences/Settings app, and then turning it back on again for the same account. Then see if Agenda syncs up properly.