Sync check / Force sync functionality

Hi Agenda Team!

I am very happy with all aspects of the app, but my continued frustration with sync has lead me to approach the forum. I wanted to ask if it would be possible to implement Sync check / Force sync funtionality.

My Agenda doesn’t seem to sync properly after editing an existing note, or even after creating a new one. Waiting with both apps open or closing/reopening didn’t help. Both my Mac and iPhone were connected to high speed wifi syncing through Dropbox. I did try both iCloud and Dropbox as cloud options to see which one works better. Switching the option from one cloud platform to another seems to fix the issue and force sync, but it is not a great solution (Especially with extended library, as I really enjoy the app as my go-to note/memo/organisation/to-do app).

If sync is initiated, both Mac OS and iOS have an icon indicator. Can that or simillar button force Agenda to check if notes are synced? Sync really is the only problem that makes this app a bit short of perfection.

1 Like

Sorry you are experiencing this. Dropbox is not very reliable in our experience. The iCloud sync is much more solid, and preferable if you are able to use it.

A force sync also wouldn’t help. Agenda actually syncs often, every half minute or so I think. It’s not a problem of the sync starting, it’s more that something goes wrong in Dropbox or the data on Dropbox.

One thing you can do is try resetting all the cloud data. Here is a procedure you could use if you know for sure you have all your data on the Mac (it will wipe the data on iOS).

OK, so you have all the data on the Mac, right? Here is my suggestion…

1. Delete the app from the iOS devices
  2. On the Mac, turn off sync in the app, and when it asks, remove the cloud data.
  3. Quit Agenda
  4. Click on Finder
  5. Choose Go > Go to Folder
  6. Enter ~/Library/Group Containers/Release/Application
  7. Look for DerivedInfo and drag it to the Trash
  8. Look in PersistentInfo, and drag the files beginning with ChangeSets to the trash (should be 3)
  9. Go to your Dropbox, and find the Agenda files (in Apps). Remove them all, and wait 10 minutes for it to sync up
  10. Launch Agenda. Your data should appear after a minute or two. (It has to rebuild the database)
  11. Turn off the sync (if needed) removing the cloud data
  12. Turn on the sync to Dropbox, and sign in
  13. Wait 20 minutes doing nothing, to let the upload happen
  14. Install on iOS devices, and start the sync

Let me know how it goes.
Kind regards,
Drew

4 posts were split to a new topic: iCloud Sync problem