Support block codes

I’d love to be able to go into preformatted type by typing ``` and then return to go into code block mode, just like in DayOne, GitHub, Typora etc.

Also syntax highligthing for vairous languages would be nice, but the addition above should be fairly simpel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I did look into this. It is not quite as simple as it seems in our system, but we are would like to add something like this. Thanks!

4 Likes

Nothing is ever “fairly simple” right? :grin:

1 Like

Just added this. Next release will support this. If you type ``` and a space, you will be in preformatted mode.

5 Likes

Great! Sounds good and intuitive :blush:

Would like to see proper code blocks like how Quiver does it. Nevertheless, I really like what you guys have made. I am a fan of Agenda now.

1 Like

The preformatted mode is still pretty far from what it’s supposed to be. Besides, I often find it hard to read or find what I need when both types of text are mixed together.

1 Like

What are you missing in the preformatted style, aside perhaps from source code colored highlighting?

1 Like

Colored highlighting would be fantastic.

3 Likes

Just wondering there is any update in this matter. Are you currently working on that feature or is something for the future?

Something for the future I’m afraid, see The features we are working on right now…

+1 for seeing the code sections with a slightly different background, even if it was subtle. At the moment they are hard to distinguish from the other text for me.

2 Likes

Thanks for being honest I appreciate that. However I don’t believe Agenda now fits with my professional needs. Perhaps in the future when those small things will be added I’ll reconsider.

Sure, fair enough, be sure to keep an eye on Agenda!

The ``` + space / return still not working for me

Ah, I just checked but the trick is not to let it follow by a space or return but directly by the content you want to escape.

It works a bit different to in a markdown editor. Usually you just have the three ticks at the start and end of the block, but in Agenda we don’t preserve the markdown, so it works more like a toggle. Type the ticks, enter a space, and then start typing your preformatted content (no return). It will change to preformatted.

Just adding another vote for code blocks. There’s a plugin that everyone uses that supports a ton of languages, that finally added Swift support.

Do you know which plugin it is?

I think it must be this one. I remember for a while they did not support Swift but they do now.

1 Like