Summary and summarisation of action points in a note

On the macOS version…

Is there a way of being able to summarise action points at the end of the note.

I have to take detailed notes with client meetings of which action points will be recorded throughout. Would love to be able to then summarise these action points at the end of the note so can easily see as a list, or be able to then copy and paste that summary into an email to the client. Likewise would then be easy to review the note when loking back at things.

Thanks

1 Like

At the end of the meeting, when tidying up my notes, I use the command Edit > Checklist > Copy Unticked Items, and paste them into a section near the top of the note (Heading ‘Actions’ and separated by a horizontal rule from the notes). (I paste to the top, rather than bottom, so they are quick to find - if I need to go back to a note, it’s usually the actions I need.)

I then tidy up the pasted checklist, and use that as my action list.

I leave the originals in the body of the meeting notes because sometimes it’s helpful to refer to them in context to make proper sense of them!

A process like you describe, where the summary of actions are actually a linked mirror of the actions in the text , is an interesting idea. Though, I find I often need to revise the actions quite a lot after taking hasty notes to make sense of them as stand alone actions. That might not work well with what you describe.

2 Likes

The workflow that @trebso mentions is indeed what I would suggest as well. I agree that something similar for a specific tag would be nice as well, will think about that!

Update: Agenda 14 introduces the ability to insert a summary of your note based on open checklist items, tags, or people assigned etc. You find it under the gear menu or in the Insert > Summary or Copy As > Summary menus.

1 Like

This is a fantastic addition. Thankyou so much @mekentosj

On a Wishlist to further add, i would love an option in a weekly review that would scrape and list all uncleared action points and tasks. I dont know if you have seen note plan - https://noteplan.co which does this - sumarises in a list then if click on the entry it takes you to the note.

Also, on the summary option, is there a way in the future to summarise by each person? For instance, my clients may have numerouse people in the meeting who will have action points. I would love to have the option to Summary > assigned to > List all with the a list of action points under each name as this would save me a lot of time.

Thanks so much foe the continued development.

1 Like

Neither of these are possible at the moment, we’ll think about it, thanks for the suggestion!

Ah, maybe as part of the soon to be collaboration feature??

No, that’s not related :smiley:

Maybe in your mind. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah the thing is like to see is some of these actions apply with multiple notes selected. Right now it’s only the text of the current note. But it’s be great to select multiple notes, and then “cut unchecked items”, or use these cool new summarization commands.

1 Like

This is a fantastic addition. One question/request would be the ability for this to refresh.

Right now I do this manually by leaving "\summary(list:unchecked “ open and I just add the last parenthesis at the end of the meeting and the list shows up.

I would love to be able to build \summary(list:unchecked) into the template so that new checklist items appear as they are added.