Spelling autocorrect is still broken… a few years later

What I did:
Tried to use autocorrect.

What happened:
By default on a per-note basis, it doesn’t work. Even when “correct automatically” is checked. However, I can get some incremental improvement by checking two more options in the ‘Edit’ menu… but I have to do this every time I open a new note which is INFURIATING.

What I expected:
Reliable autocorrect/spell check behavior that is persistent based on my preferences. I’m usually in a rush creating a new note as a meeting starts – making me go to the edit menu to manually click two options is HORRIBLE.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Here are notes I took to demonstrate:

I just had a look at TextEdit but if you don’t have Check Spelling While Typing enabled, nothing happens there either (even if you have Correct Automatically) enabled. In other words, the Correct Spelling Automatically option influences the behaviour of “Check Spelling While Typing”.

The fact that it’s not enabled or persistent across selecting notes is something that does sound like a true bug, we’ll investigate what’s going on.