Specific tags to mark a note as "on the agenda"

Hey there! Its my first post here! I have looked into documentations and posts here but I could not find the answer to my question. I apologize if it has already been addressed.

I am looking for a way for Agenda to “read” my notes and as soon as it finds a specific tag, mark that note as “on the agenda”. To elaborate, I use #processed and #unprocessed for notes that I have/haven’t moved to my obsidian yet. I want my #unprocessed notes to be on my agenda until i manually unmark them.

Thanks in advnace!

There is no way to do this directly with a custom tag, but having \on-the-agenda will do what you want.

I guess someone could come up with a shortcut to add \on-the-agenda whenever a particular tag is located.

1 Like

Or you could just manually click the button to put a note on or off the Agenda?! And not have to bother with a tag?

Indeed, so to summarize the options are:

• command-click/tap the orange dot in front of the title (holding the command key will bypass the menu)

• use the command-shift-U keyboard shortcut

• type the \on-the-agenda or the shorter variant \ota anywhere in the note text

• drag a note on top of On the Agenda in the sidebar

1 Like

Thanks Drew, by shortcut, are you referring to a apple shortcut workflow? I apologize, I am very new to Agenda :grinning:

Thank you Alex, the cmd + click is helpful as well as the \ota variant!

Something to think about for future features: having actions within tags. I know tags are “actions” per se but for instance being able to assign specific #tags (or @person) associated with specific time/date/link/attachment would be interesting. for instance a specific tag like #tomorrow could do all of these at the same time:

\ota
\unpin
\assign-date(tomorrow)
\person(MichaelScott)
and maybe \move(unfinished projects)

basically a quick #tomorrow tag could get a note out of the way quickly, unless, there is already a way to do this.

You can more or less do this in Apple‘s built in text replacement option under keyboard settings.

Yes, you could use Apple’s substitutions, or an app like TextExpander.