Spark App to Agenda

Thank you. I have already sent it.

OK, I have found a solution but I dont know how to turn it into a shortcut.

If you take a Spark Email and through spark actions, save it to bear, (which i own to), then export from bear to drafts, in markdown, then you can use a the draft actions to create the note in agenda with the link back to the original email. This is the solution I was looking to create, but it is a lot of steps.

Can anyone assist me in automating it? Or suggest where I could go to figure it out?

What I do in Spark is highlight the whole email or the part I wish to have appear in Agenda, then go to the print option where there is an another option to save as PDF. Then I go into Agenda and attach the saved file to my Agenda note. It does not, however, have a link back to the Spark email.

I have asked Spark if they could provide the same kind of URL on Mac as they do for instance if you use the built in service share. Spark also provide to create a link, but that is a Weblink, meaning anyone with that link will be able to see the email, which is deffintly not OK in many cases.
You can use the naitive Mail.app and drag-and-drop into Agenda, which works perfect, and support all platforms.
I would also prefer if spak and Agenda could find a solution for the Spark service menu.

Thanks for Sharing

I have the same problem because I am a user of Spark and Agenda at the same time. Besides using the link provided for each email by Spark, that, besides security problem, I found quite useful, I wrote, as some of you did, months ago to Spark to ask an integration of Agenda in the apps working with their app. They replied saying they have sent my request to the Spark developers.
However, I think that if as many Agenda and Spark users as possible will write to Spark asking for this integration we could get it sooner.

5 Likes

I use Agenda, Spark and Evernote. Spark will create an Evernote note containing the email and a backlink to the original email in Spark. This works very well and is extremely productive. +1 for a similar integration between Spark and Agenda.

3 Likes

So with my roundabout method I created two different automations and it got almost all the way there.

On Mac, I use Spark and manually create a new note in Bear. Bear automatically opens, I manually export as a markdown document to a folder I created. Hazel moves the folder and creates a draft in DRAFTS and then I manually send to agenda. (If you are reading this and have a better idea I am all ears.)

On iOS, I use Spark to export to Bear, Bear Opens, I use the sharesheet to execute a shortcut I created to export to DRAFTS in Markdown. Then I manually send to Agenda

In both cases, the end note in agenda, has the link back to the original email in spark.

I am open to other solutions.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Spark App to Agenda:

Actually, I use Microsoft To-Do for my reminders. Microsoft To-Do can appear in Apple Reminders if you create a Microsoft account (like hotmail) amongst your accounts on the macOS and the iOS. In Spark I just move the email I want to be reminded me to Microsoft To Do (where I have a list call “Inbox”) via Reminders (which is an app working with Spark). In this way, the link at that email will appear even on Agenda Calendar (right side). Please, notice that the entire email text will be saved on Reminder-To Do. However, to read it you have to open the link at Reminders, it is not possible to read it directly in Agenda. Hope this can help anyway.

Desperate for this. Just added my request with Spark. If you haven’t done so, please do! Spark Email Contact Form

1 Like

Agenda is a service in my Spark on iPad, see screenshot.

1 Like

Great to see that, I knew they were working on it but haven’t heard yet how close it is/was to shipping.

1 Like

This is a good thing, but still you cannot send the email to a precise note you would like to save it. Any chance for a collaboration between Spark and Agenda for further improve that?

Not at this moment I’m afraid

I see.Thank you to let me know. We hope for the future then.

It is working indeed now, nice! I had also sent a request to Spark for this add in, glad to see theyve gotten to this. It works nicely as well.

1 Like

It will be great if spark can add the file attachment in the note. Actually we only get the text in the new note in Agenda

I don’t believe the underlying system calls they use supports this alas.

Hmm. I think I found a bug:

That looks like an issue on Spark’s end (which triggers the dialog at least and you clearly have Agenda installed), best to contact their support with this screenshot.