Sorting Multi-Day events

Say I have a note attached to a multi-day event for July 30 thru August 1

If I sort the notes by “Latest Day First” the note for the multi-day event sorts to the bottom. Hmm. August 1 is the latest date for that note. Should be at the top?

If I sort the notes by “Earliest Day First” the note for the multi-day event sorts to the top. Hmm. That makes sense. July 30 is earliest.

Since the sorting is inconsistent — there’s an argument to say in both cases the multi-day event note should is both the earliest and the latest date — maybe just say the rule is “multi-day events” always appear at the top?

I suppose that would be a new setting, Please put this on your “maybe someday” list.

(Frankly, I prefer manual ordering of notes, since Agenda’s sort decisions make no sense to me — but that’s a different story.)

Basically the start date determines the order. I think this makes sense.

Consider a calendar: if you move from the past forward, you see an event appear according to its start date.

Well, but in a multi date event then the end date should determine the positioning if the setting is “latest date first”. Because the end date is the latest date. Think of multi-day events as different animals. If Agenda is going to support it, then I’d suggest it needs to support multi-day events logically.

What I miss in your example is what the date of the other notes are that you are comparing too. Given we’re talking about sorting there must be more than one note involved?