Single Note Public Link (Sharing)

Hi team,

I work on a big tech finance company and rely on a bespoke combination of Agenda and Notion for my personal workflow. This feature is aimed at expanding it to my work and teams that I manage; potentially suggesting Agenda as a new tool for the company.

CONTEXT

This suggested feature would be an invaluable increment to my personal workflow (and potentially to my teams) where an individual note is made public for reading/review, anywhere, via a link accessible to common web browsers.

FEATURE SUGGESTION

User is able to generate a public link to an individual note.

**USE CASE **

• non-agenda users can be invited to review/read a particular note (link-only)
  • note content can be made available/unavailable to non-agenda users as needed

NICE TO HAVE

• notes can be publicly commented (either anonymously or via onboarding new users on the free tier)
3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, this is something we have thought about and would like to do. It would probably be a first step onto the web for us. Can’t give any timeframes, but we are with you on this.

In the meantime, you can expect our first collaboration features to appear in the coming months. We are just finishing up on those now.

3 Likes

Would love to see this. Very useful feature! Any ETA at this moment?
Thank you

Not imminent, I’m afraid. We added collaboration, and now are working on other features. But certainly still being considered, amongst other variations for sharing.

3 Likes

+1 for this. I like to send out the agendas prior to the meeting for anyone to add in their agenda items. Some people do not use a Mac, so this is basically impossible until this is built. This would also bring you more inline with current industry standards meeting note taking apps such as Hugo, Fellow, and others. I switched immediately due to the simplicity of Agenda, but I would love public links for easy sharing and editing of the agendas.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! This is certainly something we are still interested in doing down the track.

Note that for now you could consider exporting the agenda as a PDF file, and perhaps sharing that via Google Docs or some other file sharing service, as a workaround. (People with a Mac or iPhone could partake in a collaborative version of the note.)

That does work, but I really would not like to have to do that. That would essentially require exporting a PDF, uploading it to Google Drive, adjusting the sharing settings to generate a public link, and then sending that link. Then if I make a change, I have to do that all over again.

I almost switched to NotePlan just for this feature, but I honestly do like this app more. Really hoping we can see this feature in the next few months.

It’s in the roadmap for sure, but can’t promise anything regarding timeline at this point I’m afraid.