Show link previews

It would be nice if links to websites and files get a preview thumbnail, similar to what embedded files get.

Especially for files it’s not ideal that embedded files and linked files are treated so differentently.

A nice example of URL previews is what Apple has done in the Reminders app in iOS 13.

7 Likes

Agreed. That would be nice. Will add to our feature list. Thanks!

Seconding this! I believe Notes & Reminders use LPLinkView.

Thanks for the tip, we’ll have a look!

Still in your feature list?

Yes, but we have quite a few features higher up the list. Sorry. :wink:

Hi I know I’m gonna seem greedy as I’ve asked for other features too, but just wanted to add my vote for this feature too.

I have 1 project where I store all my reading list for the web, and this feature would really help when looking through them. It would make the notes more beautiful and pleasing to read.
Currently it’s just a lot of letters, and getting hard to identify the ones I want to read even with changing the link title.(partially my fault for not being better organized.

Also this might be a big ask, but if the preview/thumbnails would also work with check-lists, it would be great in my opinion. Because I can check of(but not delete) the ones I’ve finished reading.
Although if the choice was “cleaner previews/thumbnails” vs “Check-list compatibility” I might prefer the cleaner, and organize my unreads another way.

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback! Always good to hear what people are thinking. It can affect our decision making for sure.

1 Like

As an aside, we made a lot of changes in Agenda 14 to facilitate for allowing such previews, but as Drew said, can’t promise an ETA at this point in time.

I wanted to upvote this as I think it’s a great idea. But then I saw it’s my own suggestion from 3 years back. Totally forgot about it.

Glad you’re still considering this. I still think it’s a must have feature. Ordinary links look so outdated by now

1 Like

I too would appreciate link previews. My primary use would be for a mouse-over of quoted references with a link to the source.

This is something we would like too. Will look into it. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this on a similar post, but I’d really love link previews too and think they really need to be given more serious priority. I have notes containing links to sites, Apple Map pins and youtube videos. At the moment it is a dull uninviting list of text from the web in 1998!

When I print or distribute a document containing links, it looks so drab and awful. It’s a bit embarrassing when you’re asked in the office, “what app did you do this in?”. Having to mention the name of the app in the same breath as apologising for the lack of more immersive content probably isn’t the best advert!

I’d love rich link previews for Apple Maps and YouTube/website links to be handled and displayed the same way as Apple Notes.

I’m trying to start keeping a journal in Agenda and adding a map link is great for noting where you were. The only issue is that you don’t get a rich preview, instead you get an unwieldy URL.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll see what we can do.

4 Likes

Curious to see if this could be done, I’ve found agenda lacks link view. In a lot of apps (apple notes, craft, bear), I can preview the link like the previous post (apple map one). In several apps, on the mobile, I can long click on a link, and it will show a preview of that link (a website, YouTube video, map). I believe this will be very important as it lets me know what exactly that link is, without having to guess it or open it immediately. Given a YouTube video as example, I can preview the link without clicking on it and open the YouTube app, and then switching back to agenda app (cumbersome).

It’s one of those killer features, like you think you don’t need it but you do feature. Without it makes me feel slow using agenda. That is very important in fact that when taking general non-planning notes, I sometimes prevent agenda just because of that feature missing, as I would use multiple links or media in notes.

Thanks for the feedback! We do want to add this. It is in our roadmap.

Great to know, with link previews, agenda could be a bit more, and take casual notes even better, visually. Now I still use it as a planner when I need it! Hope to see this feature in!

1 Like