Sharing a note from Agenda fails

What I did:
I created a share from my copy to 1 note

What happened:
I sent an invite link to helenjabbott

What I expected:
I expected that when she clicked on the invitation she would connect to the shared note.
However she just gets taken to a blank page.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Agenda version 17.0.2 couldn’t find this version from within the app. Going to the AppStore showed me the version and offered the ‘Open’
Button. I am assuming that if I needed to upgrade then I would have been prompted to download.
iOS version 16.4.1
iPhone 14

If you can help soon that would be really appreciated as we need to collaborate on a webinar for next week.

Kind regards

Miles Pearson

Hi Miles

I just tried the same thing to see if I could replicate your issue and the same thing happened to me :thinking:

But if you Share and then choose Agenda File it should then give Helen the option of where to add the note and she can choose which project in Agenda to store your note. I don’t know if this will help you but it works for me :slightly_smiling_face:

All the best

Al

Hi Miles

Following on from the previous post - did you want to be able to collaborate on your note with Helen? If so then there is a different procedure - you need to click on the icon in the top right corner of the note and choose to share it with her from there. I believe this is a Premium feature but only for the sender, the recipient should be able to receive the note and choose a location for it as long as they are signed into their Agenda account

If you follow this procedure then you should both be able to amend the note (if this is applicable to your needs) and changes will sync between your devices

If you don’t want Helen to be able to make changes then send her the file as in the previous post :wink:

Kind regards

Al :sunglasses:

This should certainly work. Perhaps there was a glitch on our server. Worth trying the link again later. Also, perhaps worth setting up an Agenda Account if she doesn’t already have one.

Let me know if this problem persists.