Share your feedback with us…

I’ve started using it now and already love it.

What I think is missing from my initial impressions:

• Drag and drop on macOS should create a new note (not only dragging text inside an existing note)
  • It seems I like long titles for my notes, and the titles get clipped when they’re bigger than the window. I would prefer if the title always appeared in full (even if the font need to be smaller for that)

Other than that, great work, thanks!

1 Like

Hi! I’ve only had the app for a few hours, & I’m still finding my way around, but I already love it & I’m looking forward to learning how to get the best from it. Loved the tour with Agendabot! :blush::heart:

1 Like

The first time I saw this app. I know, this is it! Now that ios is out, my workflow’s complete and being more productive than before. I do hope that relationship with Third party apps like Omnifocus (Things and Reminders) would be better. If it’s possible, maybe allowing them to better communicate with each other. Nevertheless, very satisfied premium user here!

2 Likes

I purchased the premium features as I really love the possibilities with this app!

What I would love to see is the ability to snap a photo with my phone and insert into notes for grabbing the whiteboards in meetings etc.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Today widget

Good idea. Thanks!

1 Like

First of all, Agenda is incredible and feels GREAT to use. Look and feel is super important to me, and Agenda just “feels right” to me.

With that said, this is not a gripe just a suggestion:

I’m sure there is plenty of marketing behind this project, and I noticed one of the decisions you made was to include a bright yellow button (where everything else is subtle and blends to the white background) in the upper right that says “GET ALL FEATURES”. I completely understand why this is here, it reminds you that there might be features you aren’t using… that’s all well and good but I was made aware of premium features a couple times already, and I kind of get this feeling that I’m a cheapskate until I pay to remove this button basically. I think it would be admirable, trustworthy, and a kind gesture to free users to hide this notice or at least give us an option buried in the preferences to hide this button. It really affects the UI alot, to people who are detail-oriented like me.

I am considering buying Agenda, just need to wait a couple paychecks before I drop the $25, but I look forward to doing it… but this reminder kind of makes me think twice sometimes simply because it reminds me of other premium apps that I stopped using (or even pirated lol) because I didn’t like that notice.

Let me know what you think, I’m really curious!

My suggestion here: Let us hide it in the options, but default it up there for new installs EVERY time?? Pretty pretty please? I’ll still buy it! Lol

Take care and keep up the incredible work.

P.S. I won’t (can’t) pirate Agenda so take that comment for that it is… just colorful commentary.

I haven’t seen Agenda on Mac yet, which as you’re seeing the button in yellow is what I imagine you’ll be using, but I actually like the Premium Features button on iOS - it’s not unreasonably prominent and it’s in the same light orange shade as the other Agenda buttons, and It means I know immediately where to go pro soon as I have some ready cash. Looking forward to that :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. I can see your point, but we are a small company, and depend on sales of Agenda to feed our families. Sounds dramatic, but that is actually the reality. We aren’t IBM or Apple. Your purchase keeps us fed :slight_smile:

So you will understand that it is important for us to keep people aware that they can upgrade. Hiding the button away too much could be a dangerous thing for the viability of the product, which would not be good for us, but also not good for customers who like Agenda and want it to continue being developed.

We think having a button there is not a large price to pay given the free version of the app is already very capable. Hope you understand.

4 Likes

Well ya got me - this makes perfect sense and I personally do want you guys to succeed. I see your point, honestly, just wanted to be as candid and honest as I could. As long as the minimalism of the app is preserved, I’ll be happy. I guess I was just defending the totally beautiful UI… hah.

I’m buying premium this weekend! Thanks for your response!

1 Like

I agree on what @drewmccormack wrote - to have this button but not to prominent.
Sometimes I used apps which informed or reminded me permanet about the option to buy the „Pro“ version.
With the result: I deleted the app (because I was not interested in the Pro features).
I like(d) the way how Agenda offers the Pro version…

Really love the app - for Mac and iOS. I am still playing around until I make the leap to pay for all the features. In either the free or paid version, could there be a format window? I like to use different styles and indentations in the same note. It gets a little cumbersome always going to the Finder Bar. Thanks!!

1 Like

I absolutely adore Agenda — the fit and finish and core functionality is fantastic for me. I’m very impressed and $25 is so worth it that it’s not even a discussion point. Will have more feedback in the future, but mainly wanted to say “thank you!"

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Using Agenda as a Gardener

So far I’m really enjoying the app especially the UI. It currently does everything I need on my iOS device. The only feedback I have at this time is a request for a web based platform so I can access my notes from my Windows or Linux computers.

Please make this happen!

1 Like

We are not ruling out doing a web app or Windows version in the future but just not right now, we already have a lot to do for iOS and macOS.

I came across the app in the app store yesterday and downloaden it straight away. So far, I am very enthusiastic about it! The app is well on its way to be an all-in-one app for organising yourself (notes, calendar, documents, etc.). Especially when adding attachments is added to the app.
For me it would be an even more complete app if I could also manage my calendar in the app. I would make for less changing to other apps when in a meeting (for instance when scheduling a new meeting).

About the upcoming attachment feature: will that also link to cloud-services like Dropbox or Onedrive?

1 Like

Glad you like Agenda so much! For feature requests I suggest to post your questions in a separate topic or existing ones like this one

thanks for this app to bring such features into my daily works . but i still want to ask if there could be insert picture to notes and a windows client ?

I’ve been bouncing back between this and a couple of apps for my daily routine. Finally pulled the trigger and moved all of my items to Agenda, since work provided me with a MacBook Pro.

I haven’t searched the forum ( I’m sure someone else suggested this ) but, I would like to see an option to default new notes to a project or category of my choice. Right now I have a project called “For review” where I dump all my new notes, clipped URL, etc to sift through later when I have time.

Another item I would like to see but, is not 100% necessary is the ability to add start and end dates to projects.

Anyway thanks for the great app.

1 Like