Searching Titles

search

What I did: I typed “Markdown” (without the quotation marks) into the search bar of one of my projects

What happened: It only showed notes with the word Markdown in the body text

What I expected: I expected it to also show notes that has the word Markdown in the title

Even when I used the “Search All” function, it only showed notes with the word in the body text.
In the “How To” section of this forum, it says that Agenda’s search feature searches both the notes and titles, but I can’t seem to get it to search the titles at all.
This doesn’t just happen with the word “Markdown” it happens with any words.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): on both mac version (Agenda 2.2.1) and iOS version (Agenda 1.2)

Hmm, that is odd. It should certainly be searching the title. I just tested to make sure of this.

Could there be any other reason it isn’t seeing the title text? What is the context of the “Markdown” text in the title? Does editing the title cause it to be found by the search?

It seems the issue was something else entirely. I had added about 20 notes in a very short period of time - listing the plugins I use in a WordPress site I own. For some reason those 20 notes don’t show up, no matter whether I was searching words in the title or in the body text.

But after moving the notes into a different project, and moving them back, then they showed up.

Maybe the app simply hadn’t had the time to index them yet, let us know if you hit this issue again.

This is still happening for me. Searching does not return results it should based on exact matches in the title.

Could you send some screenshots?