Search within PDFs

I tend to link to pdfs rather than embed them in Agenda. This means I can search them with Spotlight.

I often also import them into Readwise Reader for highlighting.

Same here. I link to almost everything outside of Agenda rather than embed. About the only thing I embed are graphics that are needed within a note. Using a pdf editor allows me to deep link to a specific place using Hookmark; handy in long docs. I’ve started using hook also for Agenda internal linking. I like the ability to have a ‘link library’ which includes all items to any selected link.

For saving highlights I recommend always using Readwise. I’m currently working on a shortcut that fetches all highlights from sources in new notes, within a predefined project. Doing it using shortcuts is quite a challenge though, but I had some ideas.
I’m a huge supporter of OCR, Evernote had a pretty good one, apple notes has it too. Maybe with new AI updates for siri we might see this tool available for devs. It is also a great solution for those that want to take handwritten notes and easily search for their stuff.

1 Like