Scrolling stutter

Hi, I recently switched to Agenda from Bear Notes and purchased the premium subscription because I loved the concept of the app.

But after using it for a few weeks I’m starting to regret that decision — I think to summarize it seems like everything in the app is just really slow compared to Bear. Typing seems slower, scrolling is super jerky and doesn’t have that smooth, buttery feel that Bear provides, hitting buttons like search has a delay, and collapsing/expanding notes is super sluggish.

The app performance seems slightly better on iOS, but even scrolling seems to get stuck for a brief second every once in awhile if you’re going really far through a list. My primary use is to use the app in split-view with a video for class notes on the left side and I’m hitting some weird issues with the editor there as well. For example, when the text hits the far right side in the narrowest view I see some awfully strange text that gets inserted while typing. I’ll try to capture a video of this next time, but I’ve been surprised at the text that pops up even though I didn’t accept an iOS auto-suggestion. Is Agenda trying to handle auto-complete somehow?

Are these all known issues or is it just me?

1 Like

Due to the setup of having a continues list of notes our setup will always be a bit slower than the one from bear, where as a consequence you have to navigate a bit more, incurring it’s own “performance cost”. Having said that, we are aware of a scrolling jitter that should be fixed in the next update. I general the 10.1 will receive some major update of the iOS UI, which should address a number of issues in that area.

Regarding the strange behaviour in split view mode:

when the text hits the far right side in the narrowest view I see some awfully strange text that gets inserted while typing. I’ll try to capture a video of this next time, but I’ve been surprised at the text that pops up even though I didn’t accept an iOS auto-suggestion. Is Agenda trying to handle auto-complete somehow?

It would be very helpful to have a screen recording of this indeed. Also, once the 10.1 goes in beta (hopefully the first one by the end of the week), can I send you a TestFlight build to see if it indeed fixes things for you?

Finally, which language and keyboard are you using the app with?

1 Like

Today I have listened to Alex podcast and thought about should I cancel Bear subscription. But after trying to use Agenda on Mac I realized that I cannot turn a blind eye to it.
I will try to use it on iOS for some time and will pray for the Mac version performance.

So, finally I use it during about month even more on Mac than iOS and now can say that it works pretty adequately.
I still can notice some lags (especially in the very initial actions like syncing) but it is because of my professional deformation as QA engineer :smiley:

1 Like

Happy to hear that! And the upcoming v13 update should bring a few more performance improvements…

1 Like