Screen keyboard anomaly

What I did: was typing note as outlined below

What happened: Guys - I recently picked up the current 9.7” iPad to use when I don’t want to lug the much heavier iPad Pro 12” around outside the home. Generally I’ve used the Bluetooth Magic keyboard with the Pro without issue. Today, while setting up the 9.7” with Agenda and the keyboard, I wanted to use the TextExpander screen keyboard to use a snippet in the Note. Sequentially, everything worked until the screen keyboard showed up in the center of the screen superimposed over the Note I was writing (see screen grab attached). ‘Beneath’ the screen keyboard the cursor remained active and the snippet was successfully entered, but I could not manually move the keyboard to the bottom of the screen. I was able to ‘disengage’ the screen keyboard and continue with the external keyboard. Certainly not a show stopper, but I thought I’d report it none the less.

What I expected: Screen keyboard to be situated at the bottom of the Note for character entry

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
Latest Agenda public release
Latest iOS public release
Current 9.7” iPad
Apple Magic keyboard

Just noticed it’s the same with or without the Bluetooth keyboard ‘attached’.

Odd. Was that the normal Apple keyboard? You say it is the textexpander one, is that right?

Is this a reproducible issue. What are the exact steps to cause it.

Does it happen on all models, or only on that smaller iPad?

Kind regards,
Drew

Snooping around in Settings>General>Keyboard I turned off Spllit Keyboard and that seems to have taken care of the issue. Go figure.

1 Like

Huh. So you think that maybe you did something to trigger it at some point?

I bought a new 9.7” iPad and restored from a previous iPad Mini backup. (1) never ‘saw’ the issue on the other iPad and (2) did not know if the option was selected previously. Issue hasn’t returned since turning off option.

OK, well let’s hope it is just a temporary glitch. Let us know if it does return.