Reminders (list) issues (missing, greyed-out, jumpy list)

Hi.

I’m seeing unexpected behavior in the calendar/reminder pane both on iOS and macOS. (Was going to write iOS only, but the same issue just popped up on macOS, too.)

1. Not all/only a small number of reminders show up I . I’m seeing two right now on iOS versus all 17 on macOS a couple of minutes ago – compare screenshots:

(This is everything the iOS version showed me of today!)

(macOS before another “jumping incident”, see 3.)

Here are the prefs:

Why is this happening?

1. Also this keeps happening with a particular reminder set from within Agenda – and I don’t understand that one either:

I can click or tap on it again, save it again and ist looks normal again – until it’s greyed-out again late on.

What is going on?

1. It seems especially on iOS, but on the Mac, too, sometimes/quite often when I begin to scroll the calendar/reminder list, it kind of jumps (backwards in time, it seems, at least most of the time). This seems to correspond with reminders vanishing, as it did on the Mac moments ago – compare this screenshot of today with the one above:

Bildschirmfoto_2021-08-02_11-06-01
(This, suddenly, was all of what’s left of today in Agenda!)

Are these known issues? Is there something I can do? Am I holding it wrong? Do you have a fix scheduled for the next release?

Thanks!

Christian

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Newest release versions of macOS, iOS and Agenda (MacBook Pro M1, iPhone 12 Pro)

Any particular reason I never got an answer on this. :thinking:

Christian

Hi Christian,

Apologies, I’ve missed this thread earlier. The jumping of the calendar inspector is something we’re aware of and have on our list to improve. It depends a lot on the ratio reminders vs calendar events and some other factors as well. For technical reasons not trivial to fix but we’ll do our best.

Regarding the missing reminders, are these the same calendar settings on both devices? And do they show all properly in the reminders app?

Are you on iOS14 or 15? Or was it already present on iOS14 too?

Also, do these all involve all-day reminders perhaps? And/or repeating reminders?

Hi!

Regarding the missing reminders, are these the same calendar settings on both devices? And do they show all properly in the reminders app?

Yes, definitely.

Are you on iOS14 or 15? Or was it already present on iOS14 too?

I’m an iOS 15 now but that basically didn’t change anythings about this behavior.

Also, do these all involve all-day reminders perhaps? And/or repeating reminders?

Yes, both. And reminders from a family list shared with my wife (where some but not all tasks are assigned).

Mostly reminders due today seem to be this issue. Tomorrow’s reminders show up fine.

Also, last time I checked at the beginning of the week on macOS (11.6) not only were the reminders missing but I also only saw just a fraction of calendars/calendar entries.

Nothing missing in the Apple apps anywhere; also for comparison’s sake: NotePlan is showing both reminders and calendar entries just fine on all platforms. :man_shrugging:t3:

Cheers, Christian