Reminders and Checkboxes

• 1 for this option

Two-way sync makes a lot of sense to me

I would like this feature

+1 much needed. I often have check lists in notes and them some need to become reminders, when I complete that remind I need my original checklist updated

+1 - two way sync please!

In absolute agreement with Mac/IOS Reminders teathered with checkbox formatted. “Task-reminders”, my first effort on this beautiful new toy…

BTW does. Any. Body but me have the formatting. Tend to add. A period. Without you actually inserting a period, double comma-ing so that. One’’s. Intended meaning translates as very bad poetry. Or nonsense??

SEE WHAT I MEAN??

I’m afraid I have no idea what this means?

1 Like

+1 for me as well on this. The current grey of the reminder icon is nice, but I am mentally trained to look for the :ballot_box_with_check:︎ to get my dopamine rush. :slight_smile:

count me as well!

It sounds like there’s quite an ask for this, we’ll try to add the option to check off the checklist item upon reminder completion.

5 Likes

+1 for me !

yes pls +1

+1 from me too

+1 :slight_smile:

+1 :heart_eyes:

Update: We have now added this behaviour in Agenda 9.3, if you mark a reminder as completed, either from within Agenda, or from the reminders app, the corresponding checklist item should also be checked.

1 Like

Fantastic. Now how do I get 9.3??

You can either download Agenda from agenda.com and enable beta updates in the preferences, or simply wait a few days until we release it for all users.

I think it could be really awesome if this worked the other way, too, where if you complete/check off the checklist item, it also completes the Reminder.

I’ve been playing with Reminders a lot more lately, and the integration with Agenda is really neat. The thing the Reminders app can’t do well, though, is create ephemeral or smart lists outside of a bespoke search, but I think it would be awesome to use Shortcuts to gather and create such lists, then throw them in an Agenda note (that I can keep and store) as checklists.

So Reminders would be like a database, Agenda would be like a front end, and Shortcuts is the middleware.

Thoughts?

ScottyJ

3 Likes

This is indeed still on our to-do list to allow as an option.

3 Likes